Updating hds?

• jwelch
    Iowa

Right now I have the software update before 3.5 on my units. I hear 4.0 is coming out this spring. Can I update straight to the new software or do I need to update to the 3.5 and then to the new software?

Jeremy

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’m willing to bet the update will more than cover wither you need to or not, I doubt you’ll need to update to do the update. In the past I had to do a update on the GPS before it would let me update, but the software on the unit itself didn’t care for say.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Right now I have the software update before 3.5 on my units. I hear 4.0 is coming out this spring. Can I update straight to the new software or do I need to update to the 3.5 and then to the new software?

Jeremy

Why don’t you do the 3.5 while you’re waiting?

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Do the updates reset the unit back to the original settings and delete all your tracks and waypoints like they used to do? I haven’t installed 3.5 yet as all my electronics are still off my boat from winter storage, but the boat is coming back out in the next couple weeks so I need to do the update yet. Not sure if I want to do it if it resets everything as it took me hours to get the overlay data setup for all the different screen configurations I like to run.

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

I just updated to 3.5 I didn’t check the screen settings, but I didn’t see anything missing that I was used to seeing. And it did not delete the waypoints/routes/trails.

Had to do the update as I am putting sonichub in this weekend. Need 3.5 installed for that to work.

Ken Sauret
    Paso Robles, California

If you have 3.0 in your unit, you won’t need to update to 3.5 to install the 4.0 when it is released. You can go from 3.0 to 4.0 but Dan does make a great point, why not install 3.5 in the meantime? It doesn’t mess with waypoints, routes or trails that you have saved. I can’t remember for sure when I updated my units but I think my overlay data remained unaffected. Although, if it does erase it, to reinstall the overlay data is a good exercise in becoming better and faster at it. If you’re like me it’s good for me to “play” with these things often and do and re-do stuff alot so I remember how to do all of it.

jwelch
    Iowa

My boat is in storage and it is cold out are the main reasons. I have yet to buy a other power cord so I can power my units up at home. Depending on when the 4.0 is coming out, I just figure I will do it this spring when it warms up.

Jeremy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.