Sirius weather on LOW

• JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

Has anyone used the Sirius weather feature in the Sioux Narrows/Kenora area of LOW? Is there coverage?

As always, thanks for responses.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t used it up there, but it’s satellite and works anyplace it can see the sky.

JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

My XM radio works up there, but the weather radar seems a bit more involved. The Sirius website says the service area is the 48 states and some maritime areas. Sioux Narrows is close to the border but sometimes electronic wizardry can be precise-like cell phone service.

John

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Do you have a marine band radio John?

big_g
    Isle, MN

I had Sirius coverage 18 hours north into Manitoba…. although it was Hair Nation and not weather

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Oh Poo! I was going to call my connection up that way and they must have switched cell phone numbers or I entered it into my cell wrong.

Doesn’t look like I can give you a definite answer tonight.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

They claim it’s good in all of the Sirus foot print which covers 200 miles around the continental US.

Should be covered.

I normally I would just recommend calling them, but they sell radio programs and I highly doubt they would know anything more than I or Big G. Bold statement but unfortunately true.

JohnWF
    La Crosse, WI

Brian: Just replaced my other VHF radio with a Lowrance LVR-880 US.
    The Canadian weather broadcast covers a large area. It can be nasty in Kenora and beautiful in Sioux Narrows. I’ve been caught in some scary stuff and it sure would be nice to see the storms/lightning on the big screen.

mojogunter

I have XM weather, and I’m not sure if they are the same or not being owned by the same company. That being said with the package I have that is about $11 per month I only get the US for coverage, so when I am up there anything in Canada is cut off and shows up as no data lines. That really sucks if the weather is coming from the north, because you can’t see it until it is right on top of you. I tried to upgrade to get all of Canada while I was there, but my cell phone kept cutting out, so I gave up. When I got home I looked up the coverage to include Canada, and it was $30 per month. After seeing the price I was maybe a little glad I wasn’t able to change it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.