HD5 as ice fishing GPS?

• wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I am trying to figure out how I can use my HD5 unit as a gps for ice fishing, I have looked at some past threads, but just wondering if there is a specific power cable I would need or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jdoely

My Hds 7 is mounted on a Genz pack for the winter. I just got an extra standard power cable and a 9amp flasher Batt. It works great and I love having the big screen for gps on the ice. Make sure to put a in-line fuse on just in case.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

just the standard power cable for the HD7 then did you cut it and use alligator clips?

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

lowrance has a cigarette lighter outlet power cord. I use that on my vehicle (ATV/truck) on the ice.

jdoely

I stripped the wires back and crimped the push on spade connectors on. With the in-line fuse on the positive lead.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

thanks I will have to look for that 12V outlet cord.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

My Hds 7 is mounted on a Genz pack for the winter. I just got an extra standard power cable and a 9amp flasher Batt. It works great and I love having the big screen for gps on the ice. Make sure to put a in-line fuse on just in case.

You had an HDS 7. You’re not getting it back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.