Cost

• gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

Does anyone know what Lowrance charges to send out SD cards with the updates on them? Thanks

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

You can buy an SD card and do the update yourself. PM me if you need any help.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

No card reader/driver on the computer.

mule170
    Bemidji

If your near a Cabelas take in your unit and they will update it for free.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

That works if you can take the GPS puck in with you but if you cant I would not try it. I was in the rogers cabelas about a month ago and I over heard 2 of the associates talking about how they are going to start charging for the updates to cover for lost sales time. I don’t know if this is true or if they are doing it but beware…

mnbassin
    Mpls, MN

Best Buy carrys a 6 in 1 card reader for $19 Best Buy Card Reader the cards them self are also cheap. Thats the way i would go so if you need another update you can over write the card.
    Good Luck

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

That works if you can take the GPS puck in with you but if you cant I would not try it. I was in the rogers cabelas about a month ago and I over heard 2 of the associates talking about how they are going to start charging for the updates to cover for lost sales time. I don’t know if this is true or if they are doing it but beware…

The GPS puck has zero to do with an update on the sd card….??? Why do you have to take the puck with you?

I used to work at this store in the marine department, I think I may know who said that….typical lazy workers in my opinion. I have an extra reader/writer I can whip out a updated chip for you in no time…I see you live in Winstead…we could meet somewhere between there and St. Michael if you wish…..If you want to purchase the extra reader/writer let me know…

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

No card reader/driver on the computer.

Go to wal mart. They have a SD card adapter that plugs into your USB port. Like $5.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

You definitely want to get set up to be able to do the updates yourself as there will be more down the road. Like some of the guys pointed out, and SD reader is cheap.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.