Lowrance 330c question

• dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Just installed a Lowrance 330c on the queen mary and I am getting an alarm that says “GPS module not responding.” Took the boat outside of the garage thinking that maybe I couldn’t get a signal. Not the case! I have the handy dandy manual but, of course, no troubleshooting section. Thoughts? Thanks IDOers!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Just installed a Lowrance 330c on the queen mary and I am getting an alarm that says “GPS module not responding.” Took the boat outside of the garage thinking that maybe I couldn’t get a signal. Not the case! I have the handy dandy manual but, of course, no troubleshooting section. Thoughts? Thanks IDOers!

Probably either a bad GPS puck or you don’t have both sets of power wires connected. There are two sets or red/black wires coming out of the power cord. One powers the unit and the other set powers the GPS. Make sure both are connected to your power source.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

You can get that if either your GPS puck is broke or disconnected.

dgilgen
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

Thanks Wade, makes sense! I don’t believe I have power to the puck itself! Can I connect the power for the puck to the same wire connection that powers the unit? Or does it need its own fused connection?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Thanks Wade, makes sense! I don’t believe I have power to the puck itself! Can I connect the power for the puck to the same wire connection that powers the unit? Or does it need its own fused connection?

You can connect it to the same wires, yes. There should be a white wires as well. Tape that one off with electrical tape.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.