lowrance prob. with lakemaster chip

• Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Cant seem to figure this one out,maybe someone here has had same prob.i got a lakemaster chip for a lowrance 334c igps,and when i put in chip it gives meesage of “invalid loader”then shuts down.the chip works fine in my i finder hand held. i loaded up the latest update (verision 1.7) am i missing something,or do i have bigger probs?Otherwise the unit works fine,its first chip i have bought for it.

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Couple of things come to mind. 1. Does the unit see it in the map selection area. Probably not with an error message. 2. Contacts are clean if your handheld picks it up. 3. I believe that is a two chip unit. Are you in the first slot to your left. 4. Maybe obvious question. Is the card the “right side up””. 5. Unit powered down before card inserted. 6. THIS

IS KEY. Did you update your PC with the lastest java script from

lowrance prior to using the wizard to put the update on the SD card? If not, hard reboot the lowrance to remove update and reinstall after the

new java script. 7. The SD card that you updated with is pulled out and it

updated correctly. Check the bios version and make sure it says 1.7. 8. Lastly, take a flashlight and make sure the gold

contacts are all there and about the same hight. If one is low carefully lift

it up to level with the others. My best guess is the update was not done correctly. Once again check to make sure the java script was installed PRIOR to putting the update to the SD card. Hope that helps.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

May be the update didnt work,thanks for the help

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

No problem. Hope it works. Feel free to post back the solution.

Kelly Jordan
    Fort Atikinson,Wisc

Finally got a chance to see if i could get the chip working.i checked on the gps/sonar unit,and it had loaded the update,but i did a hard reset anyway,redownloaded the update on card,and tried again,same deal,checked everything i knew to try ,and things you mentioned,still no go,unit would lock up and shut down.after an hour,and blood pressure a bit higher i turned on unit,and started pushing every button i could hit,and then up came the lakemaster chip info on screen,and now it works .sometimes the hammer mechanic method works.i think ill go into lowrance trouble-shooting now.

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Cool When in doubt, get a bigger hammer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.