Lake Insight vs. Navionics for Rainy River

• rschmidty

I was wondering if anyone had a preference for which mapping card works better for the Rainy River. I got a Gen2 Touch 7 late fall last year and I will be heading up to the Rainy in two weeks for some sturgeon fishing. This will be my first real chance to try out the new unit and I was planning on getting a mapping card so I could put the unit to full use.

Since I have never had a unit that had the ability to utilize a mapping card, I have zero experience to draw from when making this decision.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Lake Insight is best in my opinion.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Is that chip like the old lakemaster chips that covered all of Rainy Lake and Lake of the Woods? We’re trying to find out if Insight chips cover Sabaskong and Whitefish Bays on LOW. Sorry for the minor highjack.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Hop on over to the Navionics web site and take a look at the web app you can preview the Navionics mapping here, when you zoom in click on the sonar icon on the lower left corner for the HD view. The other bonus with Navionics/Lowrance combo you get depth shading. With Nav+ you can add Canada and US on one chip http://www.navionics.com/en/webapp

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.