HDS-7 Gen2 Lakmaster compatibility?

• DJSS50

Guys will the following Lakmaster chips work in a Gen2 unit?
    1) LKPM-MN Minnesota
    2) ProMap Minnesota LPMNC09
    3) ProMap Woods/Rainy Version 4

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

That depends on your software. What verison are you running in the HDS 7? I could use the standard Lakemaster pro map in an HDS 10 Gen2 until I upgraded the latest software. Now it won’t work and I use the newest Lowrance chip.

All of you above chips should work in Gen2 software until you do an system update.

DJSS50

That’s the thing, I am considering purchasing an HDS-7 gen2 and would rather not have to buy all new chips.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

My Gen2 was purchased this spring and was able to use older chips. If your buying from a big box store like Cabelas or Reeds etc….they should be able to power it up and tell you the software.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

my Gen 2 that I got in August read my wi chip that was of similar model to your first one listed. Of course, I upgraded all my chips to the new lowarance chips once I saw how much more accurate the contours were on my home lake.

BPRed

I agree that you can check the software and find one with an older version, but the point of updating your software is to make the unit run better…ie fix bugs, etc. If you stay with the old software, you stay with it’s limitations too. I like to update my units every spring with latest software version. Tough call….

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Quote:

Guys will the following Lakmaster chips work in a Gen2 unit?

1) LKPM-MN Minnesota

2) ProMap Minnesota LPMNC09

3) ProMap Woods/Rainy Version 4

Software version 1.1.39.39 will read the LPMNC09.

I have this HDS-7 Gen2 for sale in the classifieds under “Fishing Equipment”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.