Lowrance Cable Compatibility

• doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Thought someone on here might know….

I have a LMS-520c and the power cord for plugging into my truck (for ice fishing use, etc…).
    Is there any chance this same power cord will work on the HDS units? Or would I need a whole new cord?

Thanks for the help!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Yes it will work with the HDS line.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

I also need to mention for those of you moving from LMS or LCX units to the HDS line that if you want to maintain your NMEA 2000 network you will have to power the network with a network power node.

The LMS and LCX power cords (2007 & newer) will work with the HDS units but those power cords will no longer work to provide power to the NMEA 2000 network.

doubleshot
    Brooklyn Park, MN

Thanks for the knowledge!

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

I recently got a Lowrance N2K NMEA Starter kit to Network my new units. I previously used my LCX113HD on the console, but purchased 2 HDS8 units, one combo with Structure Scan. I am moving the 113HD up to the bow, and putting both HDS8 units on the console. Reading the NMEA network diagram, it shows that a separate power cord is needed to power the Network. There LCX 113HD power cord has power in it previously used to power the GPS module. Can I use that LCX power cord on one of the HDS8’s to power the network? It would eliminate the need for another T connection I would have to purchase. I believe the LCX power cord hooked up to an LCX would do this, but I don’t know if the HDS8 hooked up to the same cord would send power to the Network.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hookem, I did the same thing. I gradually replaced my LCX units with HDS Gen2. The last LCX I replaced was the one that powered the N2K network. The HDS does NOT power the network even though I kept the original power connections. Had to get the N2K-PWR-RD to hook up a seperate power connection.
    Keep in mind that power source needs to be switched, else the GPS receiver will run all the time and drain the battery.

John S.

hookem_9
    Hastings, MN

Thanks John,
    Kinda what I expected, Sounds like I could power it from the LCX113HD I’m keeping on the bow, but would have to have it “on” the whole time I’d be out just to power the NMEA. Bummer.
    Well, I’ll be running wires and such putting the structure scan and NMEA network in, so one more wire setup wont be too bad. Now, I need to see if I have a unused switch on my panel! Thanks again.

John Shear
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Hookem,
    I don’t recall for sure, but I think the LCX will continue to power the network even if the LCX unit is powered off. You’d have to try it to verify.

John S

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.