Low profile line counter

• Greg Perz

I am thinking about trying out some low profile line counters on my bottom bouncer rods this year. I have been using the Diawa Sealine 27’s which are great but just a little to big to palm.

Has anyone used the Shimano Tekota A-300 or the Okuma Cold Water Low Profile?

Thanks!

Ryan Scholl

I am thinking about trying out some low profile line counters on my bottom bouncer rods this year. I have been using the Diawa Sealine 27’s which are great but just a little to big to palm.

Has anyone used the Shimano Tekota A-300 or the Okuma Cold Water Low Profile?

Thanks!

I have the low profile Okuma. I use it for trolling cranks and bottom bouncing. I am very happy with it. My dad has the same reel too. The Scheels model was a little bit cheaper at the time I bought it.

Ripjiggen

If you are bottom bouncing is a line counter necessary? I use low profile baitcasters on my bottom bouncers and prefer more than the larger reals. No line counter though.

Greg Perz

If you are bottom bouncing is a line counter necessary? I use low profile baitcasters on my bottom bouncers and prefer more than the larger reals. No line counter though.

It is not necessary at all but it makes it easier when fishing with kids or people that are not experienced. All I have to say is let out X feet of line and you know they are in the strike zone. I also like the ability to set up off of a piece of structure and then creep up on it with the lines set to the correct depth.

Walleyeguy34

I’ve got the okuma low profile line counter paired up with the st croix eyecon boune and troll and it works great. I have two of these exact same setups and usually stagger how much line I have out between the two. When you get bites on one having the line counter makes it super easy to replicate that success with the other.

tornadochaser

It is not necessary at all but it makes it easier when fishing with kids or people that are not experienced. All I have to say is let out X feet of line and you know they are in the strike zone. I also like the ability to set up off of a piece of structure and then creep up on it with the lines set to the correct depth.

This x2.
    I have 4 trolling/bouncing rods set up with Okuma coldwater low pros. They work so nice for running bottom bouncers. I can hand one to my oldest daughter or to my wife, or a family member or friend and say “let out 35′. It just makes sense to use those setups. Load them with 10 pound XT and you have a dual purpose trolling and bouncing setup that covers a lot of scenarios. I can pull spinners all day in 25′ of water, then unclip the bouncer, throw on a husky jerk, let out 100′, and troll the shallow sand after sundown. Less rods in the boat.

Greg Perz

I am guessing that not a ton of people have used the new Tekota’s since I believe that they just came out.

marendt
    Lake City, MN

I have a couple Diawa Lexa’s. Nice little reels. Great for long lining, slow death and spinners. You can cast it a country mile and have the luxury of the line counter. Not a Tekota by any means, but a darn nice reel for half the price.

Ripjiggen

Makes sense for your use or using them as trolling rods as well. I have not used the tekotas in low pro but like their regular line counter reels.

Ripjiggen

Makes sense for your use or using them as trolling rods as well. I have not used the tekotas in low pro but like their regular line counter reels.

Ryan Scholl

Its not necessary at all. I just prefer using my trolling rod for bottom bouncing is all. Being able to compare my sonar depth to the line out of my reel is just an added benefit too.

OG Net_Man

The Daiwa size 17 is ideal for pulling bottom bouncers.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I have a bunch of the okuma low profile cold water and they have been great.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.