Looking for any fishing reports from Upper Red Lake

• Nick Schmitz

A bunch of us are headed to Upper Red Lake next weekend. Looking for any fishing reports. What the fish are biting on. Spoons or dead sticking. Fatheads or shiners. Where on the lake. What time of the day has been best. Thanks

thaddeus
    St. Cloud, MN

We nailed them on Friday and Saturday in 7 FOW. 3-man limits both days with plenty of throwbacks and multiple fish over 20”. Don’t be afraid to go shallow and stay away from the crowds. Jigging caught 90% of our fish. Steady catching all day. Best time 4-5p. Good luck.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

If you go to Red and can’t catch fish, just retire. They bite anything there. The ONLY times you will have trouble is during a cold front or in the summer when most of the eyes head to the deeper water of lower red.

Mike S.

I will be headed up there as well this weekend. Thinking of going out of JR’s. Keep the reports coming. Thanks

Dan Baker

I was there this weekend with BearPaw. We were in 12 feet and It was slow. The guide reported that a big bug hatch happend a few days earlier and it really slowed things down. I did hear from a buddy who went shallow that they slayed in 7 feet. Wish I would have moved. I ended up with 5 in two days. But they were nice healthy sized fish.

Red Eye

Weird Dan, the guide said they did better before you got there? Never been told that before.

Dan Baker

Weird Dan, the guide said they did better before you got there? Never been told that before.

I know right!?!?!

curleytail

A big bug hatch under the ice in January? Been fishing for 25 years so excuse my ignorance…does that actually happen?

Tucker

phishingruven01
    Inactive
    southeast lower michigan

maybe tiny black stonefly?

Mark

I am going to Upper Red the first week of Feb fishing with Red Lake Ice Cabins…any info would be greatly appreciated

B-man

I am going to Upper Red the first week of Feb fishing with Red Lake Ice Cabins…any info would be greatly appreciated

Your “when and where” are set. The only thing in your control is your presentation.

A deadstick and an active jigging rod is all you need.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.