Looking for a good belt.

• crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Yup, it’s a really simple topic, but I’m in need of a new belt. I have an old faithful that I’ve worn for about 22 years, and it’s still going, but it’s only a matter of time. Looking for an everyday, wear with jeans or workpants blue collar type.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve had a Red Wing belt for a number of years and it works great. But I also like my $5 Jungle site nylon belts for appendix carrying.

Coletrain27

I’ve been wearing 5.11 belts for over 10 years. They work good for me

glenn57
    cold spring mn

i bought one at L & M fleet supply in grand rapids and really like it.

while in Runnings i went threw there belt rack a few times and they seem pretty decent.

ThunderLund78

Wow! 22 years! I guess I never put much thought into it, but a belt usually lasts me about 2 years because I buy the cheapies at Kohls or Target. Perhaps I should expand my horizons.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I must be missing something in the world of belts. What does one belt offer over another? Put it on your pants, pull pants up and cinch belt. If your pants hold up and you have room for your C&C mission accomplished right?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been wearing 5.11 belts for over 10 years. They work good for me

I also have had 2 different 5.11 tactical belts for 8ish years. One for work and one for good. They are tough and last forever

ThunderLund78

I must be missing something in the world of belts. What does one belt offer over another? Put it on your pants, pull pants up and cinch belt. If your pants hold up and you have room for your C&C mission accomplished right?

I know for my cheap belts, the only leather is a thin layer on the inside and the outside is fake leather that starts to peel after a while. But what usually happens is that the buckle just comes off completely after a while because it’s held on by two small screws that typically rip out after repeated use.

I need to look into these other options that are 100% leather and have strong stitching.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Hank’s Amish belt has been wonderful for the past 8 years or so.

Recently acquired a Nexbelt. I like it, I like the concept, and it’s been good. Time will tell how it holds up but my Hank’s is still hanging here ready to get back into action if need be.

Also have a JIC belt I keep in my bug out kit. It’s pretty good too.

Crappie, the difference between a well-built CC belt and a belt from fleet farm or target is incredible. This difference is even further exacerbated as your carry piece gets heavier (ie a full size 1911 versus a ruger lcp).

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

If you CCW then I HIGHLY recommend Volund Gearworks. Their G-hook style belts are super low profile and I won’t be surprised if the two I have outlive me.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

How about going old school and rock some suspenders? My Grandpa used to wear Case IH or John Deere suspenders every day. lol

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Crappie, the difference between a well-built CC belt and a belt from fleet farm or target is incredible. This difference is even further exacerbated as your carry piece gets heavier (ie a full size 1911 versus a ruger lcp).

X2.

-J.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I received a handmade one from a tiny store called “Alma Leather” as a gift a few years ago. It’s the one I probably wear the most. I’ve also got about 5-6 cheap dress belts for my other job. They get rotated out every few years (cheapies from Kohls/JCPenny I believe)

I had a 5.11 belt that was nice but not durable and started to fray at the rivets pretty quickly. My summer gig is pretty hard on stuff and it wasn’t going to survive brushing, constant climbing, tools hanging off my belt, etc. I will say that they stood behind it with a quick picture and email and sent me my $$$ back.

Deuces

Y’all can carry whatever piece you want its got nothing on holding back the oppressive weight of the full tank on my love machine my belt withstands all day.

Cheapo guy here, might have to look into a quality one.

Are cheap belts similar to wearing Crocs? Don’t expect to get any second dates with frayed leather? Need some fashion advice here @mdmoen

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Y’all can carry whatever piece you want its got nothing on holding back the oppressive weight of the full tank on my love machine my belt withstands all day.

Cheapo guy here, might have to look into a quality one.

Are cheap belts similar to wearing Crocs? Don’t expect to get any second dates with frayed leather? Need some fashion advice here @mdmoen

You’ve come to the right place. Check out HammerMade. They make great belts…about $50 and they are reversible. It’ll be a lifetime purchase.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

My $30-35 Carhartt belts work good and last years.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Thats good to know. I think I need to follow this thread and educate myself cause wearing my gun on my hip isn’t all that comfortable with my current belt

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>KPE wrote:</div>

Thats good to know. I think I need to follow this thread and educate myself cause wearing my gun on my hip isn’t all that comfortable with my current belt

I wear my 5.11 every day, 90 percent of the time I have a glock 17 at 4, or 5 o’clock on my right hip. Does awesome. Dressed up and wore a leather belt a few weeks back and the belt was saggy and crappy with my gun so I had to carry my .380 appendix. And I’ve ran my 5.11 every day for somewhere between 7 8 or 9 years.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Harness leather belt from CC Filson. Oil it once or twice a year and it will last virtually forever.

Adam Steffes

I bought one of the quick ship belts from these guys about 10 years ago and have worn it every day since then with everything from shorts to dress slacks and all is well. No wear, no need to look for any replacement. Expect to wear it til I don’t need a belt anymore.

https://www.thebeltman.net/

Unbelievable quality compared to any store bought belt.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

What 5.11 models are you guys rocking?

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Could check at the local leather goods or boot store. Bought a fresh pair of boots the other day at the Boot Shack and the customer in front of me was picking up their custom leather belt.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Looking at the website I think mines the tdu and I also have the operator I believe. But I like the tdu

Coletrain27

TDU double duty. There thicker than the regular ones and don’t flex as much

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Im a big fan of these custom belts but they are made to hold “equipment”.
    I cant even remember how many years I have had mine and it doesn’t seem to age.
    I have worn it daily for several years.

https://www.aresgear.com/
    I prefer infinite adjustment to belt holes.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Everybody know the best belt is “Grain Belt.” toast

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Dutch for the win. That sounds really good right now and looks it’s almost 5:00. toast

Thanks Bearcat and Coletrain

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

…people drink grain belt?

I guess you learn something new every day

tim hurley

Got 2 great belts at George’s Shoe Repair, leather, durable. Nice gal did a custom fitting. Really.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.