LiveTarget Baitball Spinner Rig

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I picked up a couple of these in the 3/8 & 1/2oz size. I like the idea and I hope the bass do too. In the retention ponds there are tons of fry and baitfish this size that swim the banks in large schools. You see them scattering all over when you walk the bank.

I have an umbrella rig that I only used a few times. It’s a smaller rig, but still heavy and cumbersome. I think these spinner rigs will work out better.

I’ve been waiting for someone to develop a spinnerbait like this. I’d prefer 1 skirt above and a skirt like a normal spinnerbait, but this will do. The 3 soft plastics above could be easily replicated with one skirt.

zachary Wietzema

I have been thinking about getting one myself. You have it right, the whole point of the rig is its supposed to be a smaller alabama/umbrella rig. I know these have been selling like crazy at the local bait shop as well as on tackle warehouse. I think the bigest issue people have had is the top hookless swimbaits fall of or get torn easily. but you can buy replacements for like $5. might have to try myself

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

You will have to let us know what you think of it after you get it wet. Wish they used a closed R bend where you tie on.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I like the lure, but sometimes one of the plastics gets jammed in the wrong direction. I did catch a little bass, but times are tough again, the water is low. I need to try it when it’s cloudy and windy.

I’ll tell you this, some Seminole killi fish followed it, so it matches the hatch well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.