Livescope power question

• Tgallant

Hello folks

I am new to this forum.

I do have a question regarding the Livescope system. I recently purchased the black box and transducer package. I’m getting my boat ready over the next week or so. My questions are, does the black box and transducer draw power even when the Panoptix feature isnt in use ? Has anyone installed an on/off switch ? Also the fuse. I read the installation document from Garmin and it says the fuse is not included. Am I suppose to install a fuse holder ? Or does it come with one ?

Thanks guys

Matt L
    Twin Cities

There is a inline fuse with the power cable. Not sure for the power being drawn, there is definitely a light on the box at all times at least when your Garmin Unit is on. When the Garmin unit is off, Livescope if off.

Tgallant

There is a inline fuse with the power cable. Not sure for the power being drawn, there is definitely a light on the box at all times at least when your Garmin Unit is on. When the Garmin unit is off, Livescope if off.

Ok. Well that answers the fuse question. The manul says not included. Thank you sir !

Tgallant

I finally got a response from Garmin relating to this question.

“Hello,

Yes, the device will still draw power.  Using an on/off switch would mitigate it from drawing power. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.  

Thank you for choosing Garmin,

Jason

Product Support

Garmin International”

Since the unit will always draw power even when the transducer is out of the water and the Chartplotter is on, I’ll install a 6amp rocker switch. The unit says it draws a max 58 Watts. That’s pulling 4.83 amps on a 12 volt source at its max capacity rated by Garmin. That should do it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.