Little Winnie Boat Access

• midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thinking about trying Little Winnie. Can anyone direct me to the boat access?? I went up that way looking and am wondering if you launch your boat on the river downstream from the Winnie Dam and access the lake via the river??

Brad Dimond

From LakeFinder:

Little Winnie Lake Public Water Access Site
    Directions to access: 12 miles northwets of the city of Ball Club, off CSAh 9, on the west shore of Little Winnibigoshish Lake.
    Bing | Google | Google Earth

Administrator: U.S. Forest Service

Facilities:

1 ramp (type=natural)
    1 parking lot (type=)
    no vehicle parking spaces
    3 vehicle/trailer parking spaces
    no accessible parking spaces
    no docks
    no restrooms
    Lat/Lon: 47.424102, -94.037591

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Yeah I looked at Lake Finder but didn’t understand how the Google directions take me across the river and then back and the cell service is pretty sketchy up there as well. I was hoping someone had first hand experience on how to get there. Thanks!!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

I think the access right below the dam is the only one. Little Winnie resort and campground also has one. Maybe call them and see if they allow public usage?

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Good idea about the resort I will call them. In looking at the aerial view maybe take Forestry road 2191 and go in through the woods on the west side of the lake?

Stickboy

The best access is the river access at the dam. The water was low as of last week making launching and travel a little sketchy. Plenty of parking, bathrooms and fish cleaning facility,though. The other access through the forest is unimproved and shallow. Suggest dropping the trailer to check it out before you drive down there.

midnight
    Grand Rapids, MN

Thanks for the info. at least I now have some ideas/options. Much appreciated!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.