Leech Summer Patterns

• Charlie Lundquist

Im heading up to leech on the 4th with my family. Ive never fished it this time of year and i was wondering if anyone could share what works. Tactics,depth?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

My dad’s heading up tonight to SE part of the main lake. Stays in bigger resort/campgrounds.

Some good sticks last weekend took their fishing boats out and put in pontoons bc of the bite. Ill see if anything changed with an update tomorrow, let ya know if I hear anything

chomps
    Sioux City IA

We spent a week with the family at Federal Dam. Fishing was slow, right in the middle of shallow to deep transition, plus the mayfly hatch is in full swing. If you get some wind, we were in 13-14 feet off of 5 mile, no wind start trolling the mud. We marked way more than we got to bite, and they were just barely hanging on. We got some pretty nice fish over 24 inches, 3-4 keepers, and just as many under 15″ each day (only fished 3). Had to work hard, rigging crawlers and leeches. One spot where marked the most was out in 24 feet between Sugar and 5 mile. Going to start warming up soon.

Charlie Lundquist

Were in kabekona bay and 19-28 fett is covered with bugs and fish below them. Now just gotta figure out how to catch them.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Never fished Leech, but when we get a bug hatch on Mille Lacs we do best running spinners and crawlers.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

We are coming up July 8-15 staying at Grand Vu. So… is fishing slow for everyone (except Phil and Yodie)??

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Yep.. fishing is pretty slow. Hatch is over but not many boats having success from what I can tell right now

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.