lake Pulaski

• Art

Anybody have any info on this lake? Family from Montana and Washington rented a house there for a week. Want me to bring my boat up and fish a couple days with them. They just want a meal of panfish. I only keep what we can eat. Just wondering if it’s worth the time. Checked DNR lake finder and sounds like a fair amout of panfish. Thanks.

MNdrifter

You should do alright with the panfish almost anywhere. May be a little tough to find nice ones though. They are in there no doubt, just are tricky to find. Pulaski is one of my favorite lakes to pull rapalas on the weedline. You catch everything from walleyes to rock bass. Lots of fun out there. I would also suggest soaking some medium suckers under a bobber. There are a ton of pike!

Good luck, have fun!

MNdrifter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I haven’t fished Pulaski yet but I do fish that area. For what I have available for documented research, it sounds like MNdrifter is right on the money! Trolling along the weedlines should produce action. Whether it’s pulling cranks or a baited jig, action should be found.

In lakes of similar water clarity, my dad and I have done very well using black/chartreuse panfish tube jigs, baited with 1″ GULP leeches. No live bait mess and multiple catches per baiting. For mid-summer’s bite, sometimes rigging this on a beetle spin is more productive.

On the crank side, try smaller baits, like #5 rapalas in Shallow Shad, Shallow Shad jointed, #7 Floating rap, or the new Shadow Rap #11. These lures have pretty much determined what the fish want on any day. Just be willing to mix it up a little until the fish answer your dinner bell!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.