Lake Nokomis

• walleyewizard

New to the area and looking for information regarding Nokomis. Any help is appreciated.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Wiz – PM 31lifer he and his buddies grew up there and still fish it. Last I heard they got a couple nice ones on the East side.
    The only complaint is some of the people that fish there are absolute pigs. They leave the place all trashed up, cans, cig butts, etc.

TipUpFishOn

I also fished Nokomis last year quite a bit and once this year. Follow Merican Eagle’s link and find the lake depth map. Depending on what species you’re after, I would fish the deeper hole in the SE corner and the structure off of the NW beach (but be aware that the annual pond hockey tournament is held on this lake at the end of January and if they are setting things up, you won’t be able to fish the area straight out from the beach). I also had some luck fishing slightly under and just to the east of the south side of the bridge. A lot of folks fish that deeper hole off of the point on the east side. There’s fish there but I don’t like to fish with the crowd.

+1 to the fact that some folks there don’t take care of their trash…

walleyewizard

Thanks guys. Looking for walleye and crappie. Notice a lot of activity at that east point, but have had my eye on the southeast hole. Will check it out next time out.

rausch627
    Saint Louis Park, MN

Any luck out there?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.