Lake contour app for smartphones

• Tom Kolinski

Anyone know of a good lake contour app for smartphones? I lost my lowrance ifinder h2oC somewhere between the twin cities and Houston. Anyinput would be great. Thanks

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Navionics

Thread closed.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Thread reopened,

Navionics US & Cananda!

Thread reclosed! jester

munchy
    NULL

There are others out there, like Humminbird FishSmart. But at $10-$30 PER LAKE for their maps I just can’t see getting it unless you only fish one or two lakes. I do believe the mapping is a bit nicer than the Navionics maps however.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Munchy brought up a good point. I’ve been using Navionics myself, and while the Humminbird app looks a lot nicer, I can’t see spending $10-30 per lake.

I would consider paying $20-$30/yr for regional or national coverage. I just don’t see how Humminbird will be able to compete based on that pricing model.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I can see having the Hummingbird app alongside the Navionics if its features were different and similar features were better. I’d use Hummingbird for home waters, say if I had a cabin or fished the same body of water 75% of the time.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Pug- that’s true. I guess I forgot to look at it from someone else’s shoes…for those that may live on a lake or have one they fish 75% of the time, in that case, the per lake pricing model could work.

hnd

i use chartselect and humminbird for a few pools of hte miss and a few lakes. i use navionics for everything else. chartselect is way better on those bodies i have it for but navionics is def servicable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.