Koronis & Rice Reports

• Borch

Fishing on both have been very good recently. There has been two distinct bite going on for walleyes and Smallies.

There’s the shallow weed bite that’s been good all summer. If the wind blows it’s that much better. This has been a crankbait or plasics bite. No need for livebait. On Koronis the bite gets better into the night. On Rice Lake the bite is best middle of the day with a stiff breeze. Throw back the bigger ones(lots of 21-24″ eyes and 18″ plus smallies).

Then there’s the deeper breakline bite. Usually 18-24 fow with spinner or livebait rigs. Sometimes leeches and sometimes crawlers. This bite seems to be best early morning or into the evening.

The sunfish have really been going on Rice. Some sorting is required but lots of fish in 8-14 fow on worms or small jigs and plastic.

Good Luck!

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome aboard Jeff, Looking forward to your reports

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the report and welcome to the website.

-Jon J.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks for the report Jeff and Welcome to IDA!!!

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

hi Jeff,
    welcome to IDA, I have been to Koronis about 3 times each of the last 4 years mostly in June, It has been good to me, is that your home Lake. Jack.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Great report, Thanks. I need to get out on Rice or Koronis soon. Both great lakes.

Borch

Jack,

It’s one of my favorites. I spend a lot of time on both Rice and Koronis. Both are great walleye and Smallie lakes(panfish too).

Borch

Borch

Well Koronis continues to heat up. During the day in 12 – 24 fow on minnows or crawlers. Leave the leeches at home because the eyes and smallies won’t tough them right now. At night pulling cranks in 5-12 fow with get you fish as well. The darker colors seem to be working best right now. You’ll need to sort through some little guys. Keep moving till you find decent fish. They are there to be caught.

Jeff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.