Knaus lake on the Sauk River chain of lakes has zebra mussels

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Just got an email from the lake association, DNR confirmed the findings, well at least the water clarity on the chain will start improving! ;)

JoeMX1825
    MN

it was only a matter of time considering how popular the chain is with recreational boaters..

glenn57
    cold spring mn

On another note, drove by the chain and it’s ice over for now. Except where the river flows!

pitz0022

On another note, drove by the chain and it’s ice over for now. Except where the river flows!

With this warm weather, would person still be able to get a boat in and make it to any spots that would hold catfish? Or are there any shore fishing opportunities right now? I may have Friday afternoon off and really don’t want to work on my honey-do list.

Thanks in advance.

JoeMX1825
    MN

for sure, any areas that hold current will hold cats, find the deepest holes.

With the warm weather you could probably put in on the hw71 access and get cats past the narrow channel right side shoreline breaks….

pitz0022

for sure, any areas that hold current will hold cats, find the deepest holes.

With the warm weather you could probably put in on the hw71 access and get cats past the narrow channel right side shoreline breaks….

Thanks for the info. I’ve never been on the chain before and I don’t see an access on Hwy 71 on recreation compass. Can you tell me where it is?

pitz0022

nevermind. I found it. thanks again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.