Kenosha Area Lodging

• Nick Matti

We are planning a trip to Kenosha to fish for cohos this May and was looking for some suggestions for affordable lodging where there is ample and safe parking for our rig (18.5) boat.

Thanks

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

There is a Best Western downtown. Can’t speak to the parking lot size. A call or google maps may show more… but it close. That area, wrap your stuff up like anywhere…. but besides that, I would be comfortable in the area. That part of downtown Kenosha is pretty nice. Couple nice bars, places to eat and such.

It is that, or basically out towards the freeway.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I agree with Chuck on this. I fish Kenosha just about every week. If I don’t sleep on the boat, I stay at the best Western on the harbor. Parking lot isn’t huge but will fit a boat as long as it’s not too busy. Otherwise, back to the interstate for a cheaper place with ample parking. Cohos should start soon!!

Chad Leonhardt
    Rochester,MN

We’ve fished Kenosha the last 3 years in May, we’ve always stayed at the La Quinta on the other side of town towards the interstate (Pleasant Prairie). Nice place at a good price, plus a huge parking lot. About a 10-15 min drive through town in the morning to the ramp, not too bad since we like to stop at a gas station anyways for coffee and food. Plus if the fish are in Illinois waters we’re in a good spot to head to Winthrop Harbor or Waukegan instead.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve fished over there quite a bit and I agree with Chad, the La Quinta is in a much nicer part of town. If you are worried about anything in your boat, believe it or not, being near the interstate would be better in the Kenosha/Racine area. There are a few other hotels just off 50 and 94 that are nice. The Radisson at the outlet mall is very nice and secure, also. The Best Western Downtown has a very small parking lot.

One last thing, the woodman’s liquor store is hands down the best liquor store i’ve ever been in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.