Kabetogama Fish keeping regs

• Kyle hulke

Gonna be camping on kabetogama next was just wondering what’s the regulations are for keeping fish while camping on an island

Matt Stegmeir

I don’t believe there are any island-specific regs…

Ron
    Victoria, mn

From the Minnesota DNR website, Lakefinder:

Fishing Regulations:
    General »
    Inland Waters »

Special Fishing Regulations: This lake has special fishing regulations that differ from statewide or border water regulations for those species identified below and take precedence. Regulations listed below are currently in place. Vist the fishing regulations page for links to upcoming regulations for specific lakes.

Including Sullivan Bay and Ash River to Ash River Falls

Walleye and Sauger: Combined possession limit six, only four may be walleye. All walleye from 18-26″ must be immediately released. One over 26″ allowed in possession.

xplorer
    Cloquet, MN

You cannot have filleted fish while on the water (even with a patch of skin).
    You can bring fish back to camp and fillet them for a meal. But, if you are going to take fish home you must leave them “in the whole” so they can be measured (basically just gutted).

I’ve seen quite a few folks get ticketed at the landing for having fish that were filleted with a skin patch on in their cooler. It’s a Bad way to end your trip.

Ron
    Victoria, mn

Xplorer, good point. I forget that because I never bring fish home. It also applies to any lake in MN, and probably every state and every province of Canada, where size limits are in place.
    Gill and gut them and measure carefully. Stay clear of the size limit by at least 1/2″ because once they’re gilled and gutted measuring can be dicey.

Matt Stegmeir

Yup. Obey the slot, and when on the water leave your fish in a state that your adherence to the slot can be confirmed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.