JT Rogue versus JT Panhandler

• gonehunting

Looking for a good perch/crappie ice rod? I’m not familiar with these two rods. Which would be a better choice? To me the spring bobber is not a make or break. I have the gold digger and black reign for walleye. Thanks in advance for any opinions.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

IIRC the panhandler is lighter action through out and excels while crappie fishing. Very light tip and easily able to detect the up-bite. I have them both and use the rogue for perch and the panhandler for crappie and gills. I do use a bigger, more aggressive jig for the perch and fish for them where jumbos are common. The panhandler does not handle the larger jig very well.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I prefer a fiberglass rod for panfish (crappies and gills) so I would lean toward the Rogue. That said, I havent seen the Rogue in person so I cant compare it to my other glass noodle rods regarding sensitivity

Gary

Check out the 35” panhandler with spring bobber. It’s a great rod.

It’s just a longer panhandler with a spring bobber on it. Doubles as a good dead stick rod for walleye for value.

For slightly heavier jigs and spoons for crappie hard to beat a TUCR bull whip.

Panhandler for light/finesse is my favorite rod. Value in it can double as a dead stick. My grandkids have caught mid 20” walleye with this rod.

Cameron white

I enjoyed the gold digger for perch this past year, I have a 44” Elliot light/fast coming this fall.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

GoneHunting, If you not game on spending $120 on a ice rod Message me. I custom build similar for far less.

Matt Johnston
    Pine city

Check out hogs back custom rods for all your needs! Great rods for anything you need.

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

Get a Thorne Bros Perch Sweetheart….they’ve been building rods a hell of alot longer than JT.

Cameron white

Get a Thorne Bros Perch Sweetheart….they’ve been building rods a hell of alot longer than JT.

It’s personal preference. I sold my Thorne. Too stiff. I like the jt, but the Elliott is incredible.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.