JT Custom Perch Rod

• gonehunting

I posed this question last year but looking for some more opinions. I’m looking for a dedicated perch/crappie rod. I am going with a JT Custom. Would the Panhandler or Rogue the best option? I’m looking for something similar to my TUCR Quicktip which is not made any longer. Thanks for any opinions.

Cameron white

I posed this question last year but looking for some more opinions. I’m looking for a dedicated perch/crappie rod. I am going with a JT Custom. Would the Panhandler or Rogue the best option? I’m looking for something similar to my TUCR Quicktip which is not made any longer. Thanks for any opinions.

I have both the panhandler and a gold digger. The gold digger is my go to perch rod after my Elliott.

gonehunting

Thanks Cam. I have a gold digger and just felt that might be a bit of a stiff action for perch. I also have the Black Reign for those greenbacks. Hoping to make it up there this year again.

vinella

I think the Gold Digger is definitely too stiff for most perch applications. I don’t think you can go wrong with the Panhandler or Rogue. I have both and both work great for perch. Just depends if I want or need to use a spring bobber or not (I have the 35″ PH with tapered spring – amazing rod). Rogue for when I don’t want or need to use the spring.

Sylvanboat

I thought TUCR makes custom rods? They can’t make you a rod identical to the Quicktip?

TOM

Do you have the new TUCR FUSION?

gonehunting

Do you have the new TUCR FUSION?

I have the Fusion but I prefer that for smaller walleyes (smaller rippin raps and smaller lipless cranks). I want something with a little quicker TIP for bite detection and smaller jigs.

Cameron white

I did get a shiver stick late in the season. Didn’t get a chance to fish it much.

PmB

Rogue sounds like the one u want

gonehunting

Which one is considered a lighter rod? I don’t want anything too light as I want to use small spoons as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.