Its still been a good week for fishing.

What an up and down week up here. The beginning of the week was awesome weather and the end of the week was awesome before the current rain moved in yesterday. It has slowed down some of the pressure on the lake, but the guys that are going out are still finding some good numbers of fish. Most anglers are still using a jig/minnow combination right now and I have started to hear of some spinner rigs or slow death rigs and crawlers working as well. It sounds like a lot of anglers are starting to move off of the shoreline structure and start moving out to the mid lake stuff especially at our end of the lake. Pelican Island, West Bar, Red Rocks, Submarine are all starting to produce fish for anglers, if the wind gets to bad to get out there we still have fish being found in Miller Bay, Rogers Point and right in front of the resort right now. I have some friends who fish the other side of the lake a lot and they are finding their fish in the Narrows, Grand View Flats and around Pine Point. Most anglers are finding fish during the day in 15-18 feet of water and during low light conditions most fish are getting caught in that 5-8 foot range, the bite is good right now.

Attachments:
    1. Mikwalleye.jpg

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Good report Josh–thanks! I will be pestering you and the fish in your area this coming week.

Stop bye the resort and I will give you a tour. Good Luck fishing too if you get out.

tonkaiceman
    Hanover, MN

I’m just going to tag in here. I am heading up for memorial weekend. This will be my first experience on the lake and we are staying in walker. If the weather cooperates this weekend we plan on fishing for a few days. I am hoping to keep in touch with the current bite and hopefully it remains like what you have said. The IDO Show gave some good insight as well.

Other than what I have already read or seen on the show are there any other tips that you can provide about the bite? Also might try for some smallies/pike.

slabchaser87
    Isle, MN

Just wondering what everyone’s favorite colored jigs are for leech walleyes?

My favorite is the classic firetiger or the northland Parakeet color(Blue, Chart, Orange). I know that pink is a good color too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.