Is this a thing?

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

So I am on a facebook group of ‘boat owners’ of a certain brand and on several occasions I’ve seen people comment to put your kicker down and run it with the main to ‘go faster’. (Because as we all know the top speed of your boat is of utmost importance. . .) Is this for real, or just a stupid as some of the other comments I’ve seen? Never having had a kicker I claim ignorance, but doesn’t seem like an overly smart thing to do to me.

About the only reason I haven’t removed myself from that group is for the sole entertainment purposes of some of the things I’ve seen posted.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m pretty sure that is some one just talking sh!!!, just like we do on here now

Reef W

sounds like an inside joke to see who will do it

ThunderLund78

And if you grab your emergency oar and paddle while running both motors you’ll go super-duper fast! jester

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. I think they’re definitely yanking your chain. The Kicker wouldn’t be able to effectively move the volume of water the big motor is literally slamming it into and it would create drag.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

And if you grab your emergency oar and paddle while running both motors you’ll go super-duper fast! jester

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. I think they’re definitely yanking your chain. The Kicker wouldn’t be able to effectively move the volume of water the big motor is literally slamming it into and it would create drag.

This was my line of thinking too, I would have assumed it was a joke of some kind, but given some of the things I’ve seen posted in all seriousness I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

boone
    Woodbury, MN

I can confirm that if you have your kicker down but not running, it’ll slow you down. I’ve tested this more than once. doah

big_g
    Isle, MN

If your main is a 9.9 and your kicker a 9.9….absolutely. smash

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Someone is pulling somebodies chain. JMO

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

toast IMO – Top Comment bow

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Only one way to find out. Let us know how it works for ya

Ron
    Victoria, mn

I’ve tried it with my bow mount. Didn’t work. doah

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I can confirm that if you have your kicker down but not running, it’ll slow you down. I’ve tested this more than once. doah

I can agree. I tested it twice this week doah

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

When people are not capable of thinking for themselves today’s society is what we have…

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would say it is true if there is not a huge difference in motor size. I knew of a guy who had a 25 and 15 on his boat. When he ran them both it would go faster.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

When people are not capable of thinking for themselves today’s society is what we have…

Definitely see a lot of that on there. The phrase more money than brains comes to mind often. In the back of my head I knew it didn’t make sense (outside of both motors being the same/close) but I had seen it said enough times I had to ask with people who would know.

Ripjiggen

Would that be an 18.18 then. Or err maybe my math is bad. lol

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

Would that be an 18.18 then. Or err maybe my math is bad. lol

Looks right to me!! lol

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.