ion auger at menards

• Reef W

Haven’t been looking to compare but seems cheap

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240207_070819_Menards-1.jpg

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Just remember the $100 rebate is “In Store” only good to spend at Menards. But yeah, agree that is a good deal.

-J.

Gitchi Gummi

wow thats a heck of a deal. I’ve been planning to run my strikemaster gas auger for several more years but this might be the price point that makes me switch to electric.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I figured it was a scam, but went to the website and looks legit. Great deal if someone wants a cheapo with no reverse. I assume this is old inventory they are blowing out.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Wow good deal !

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just remember the $100 rebate is “In Store” only good to spend at Menards. But yeah, agree that is a good deal.

-J.

if your a regular menards shopper…..agood way to save some money though.

CaptainMusky

That whole rebate thing is just plain dumb. The last place I want to go to buy groceries, ice augers, etc is a lumber yard. Man, I hate menards and their lumber is pure trash.

10klakes

It’s the old gen Ion and steel auger, but for that price it’s a good deal.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s the old gen Ion and steel auger, but for that price it’s a good deal.

The original good design electric auger. My old man still has one from when they first came out. Thing still drills holes like it’s new. Probably 30,000 holes plus.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That whole rebate thing is just plain dumb. The last place I want to go to buy groceries, ice augers, etc is a lumber yard. Man, I hate menards and their lumber is pure trash.

Why would you buy groceries there ? I shop at menards at least once a week. The rebate is dumb but we get back over a grand every couple months. Just put 15k in flooring in my house over the last few months. Basically buy 2 pallets of flooring and get a pallet free. Best deals I could find after lots of shopping.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

we dont go there for grocieries…..laundry soap, dish soap yea, i get my dog food and bird food and alot of other stuff there. the prices in itself are comparable to anywhere else so why not take advantage of it.

i wont argue about there lumber……i dont buy it there either. i dont also neccesarily disagree its a dumb thing….but it saves us a good chunk of change every year!!

CaptainMusky

Why would you buy groceries there ?

That’s the point I wouldnt, but the fact they have that there makes me hate that store even more.

CaptainMusky

i wont argue about there lumber……i dont buy it there either. i dont also neccesarily disagree its a dumb thing….but it saves us a good chunk of change every year!!

By things on sale anywhere and you save a big chunk of change, but the fact its a rebate and it forces you to further shop there gets you sucked in.

Charles

It was in the paper I am holding off going to menards or I will pick one up lol.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

By things on sale anywhere and you save a big chunk of change, but the fact its a rebate and it forces you to further shop there gets you sucked in.
    [/quote] because a store lists something on sale doesnt neccesarrily mean its a good price!!!!

since i retired from a real job, i work a local grocery store stocking shelves 2 days a week the last 2 years…….i know how that game is played!!!!

i really get your point about forcing you to go back and shop there again……….for me i go there anyway!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

so we stay somewhat on track bow rotflol i have the yellow jiffy legend, gas operated thts running top notch yet…..but iffin i was in the market for an auger…..i’d consider looking at it. waytogo

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

…for me i go there anyway!

Same for me. I prefer Menards to Home Depot, Lowe’s and Fleet Farm, and I don’t mind sending in the rebates. Heck, I love it when the person in front of me doesn’t grab their receipt so I can send theirs in, too. rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^^^^^ whistling rotflol waytogo been there done that myself!!!!!!! mrgreen

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Same for me. I prefer Menards to Home Depot, Lowe’s and Fleet Farm, and I don’t mind sending in the rebates. Heck, I love it when the person in front of me doesn’t grab their receipt so I can send theirs in, too. rotflol
    [/quote]

I do the same thing. I’ve been redoing my house for a few months and the rebates really add up, especially when your spending 2k every time you go. I’ve had about 5k in rebates the last 6 or 7 months. Doesn’t bother me one bit that I walk past 4 small isles with snack food. Hell some times I even grab something to munch on.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

Lumber there can suck and you have to pick through but we have been doing a lot of house remodeling the last 3-5 years. I did a bulk order from a lumber yard in the St. Cloud area. I got quite a bit of trash lumber from there too. I was thinking it would be better quality but wasnt that much better and it was prolly double the cost. I don’t mind picking through the stuff if need be.

Anyway, good deal on the auger!

OG Net_Man

Menards lumber – you just have to go in the yard and look at their wood stock that you desire before you purchase it to see what quality is on hand. And always bring a tin snip or something in case you need to crack open a bundle for better selection.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

…..

Attachments:
    1. download.jpg

Joe Dirty
    Big Lake

As stated by previous guys, this is the Gen 1. I saw them at the Elk River Menards. These augers are pretty slow in my experience

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I miss that dude. Throwback

Ryan Overson

It’s coming up as $399 for me on their site.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s coming up as $399 for me on their site.

Click on it and then scroll to the bottom of the page.

Ryan Overson

Weird, went to their site again, pulled up the item from search and see what was posted in the OP.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.