Ion Alpha Series Ice Augers

• gonehunting

Looks like Ion is releasing new auger tomorrow. Any idea if it is similar to G2 or is it a smaller auger similar to a Strikemaster 24v? Also hearing rumbling of a Strikemaster 10” LiteFlite but cannot verify rumors. Seen on another site

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Strikemaster 10” LiteFlite but cannot verify rumors.

This is true. Strikemaster is releasing a 10″ Lite Flite this winter. waytogo

gonehunting

Will it be available stand alone or does it have to be purchased with auger head? Thanks James!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Will it be available stand alone or does it have to be purchased with auger head? Thanks James!

Comboed with a powerhead only for the first year.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

James anyway a guy with your clout could get one stand alone?? wink

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James anyway a guy with your clout could get one stand alone?? wink

You trying to get me in trouble? grin

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

No of course not. I was speaking hypothetically. But if one could be had PM me Lol. devil

gonehunting

James,
    Do you know what the new product release date is for Strikemaster?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James,
    Do you know what the new product release date is for Strikemaster?

I’m sure it will vary from one retailer to the next. Like last winter, I doubt Strikemaster will have any of the new products for sale online through the Rapala website. If you have your eye on something I’d call a retailer, like Reed’s for example, and ask when they expect to have inventory to see if you can put your name on one.

When I do hear that Strikemaster shipments start heading to retailers I’ll do my best to remember to update this thread.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Looks like Ion is releasing new auger tomorrow. Any idea if it is similar to G2 or is it a smaller auger similar to a Strikemaster 24v? Also hearing rumbling of a Strikemaster 10” LiteFlite but cannot verify rumors. Seen on another site

I know one of the guys who designed it. Sounds like it is on par or even more gusto than the G2.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

They look nice but the working end looks like they need to invest in R&D still.

gonehunting

They look nice but the working end looks like they need to invest in R&D still.

Why do you say that? Looks very similar to my G2 which works great. Not opposed to trying the Strikemaster. I have an 8” Lite Flite and drill for early ice.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I guess I can see the logic in Ion consolidating their models into 1 form factor and just add/reduce accessories to adjust the price low to high. I absolutely love my G2 model, they nailed the form factor and performance imo…

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Sounds like a little strikemaster bias going on. Not gonna say every Ion model has been perfect but neither has strikemaster, especially the 24v once you have 12″ of ice.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Sounds like a little strikemaster bias going on. Not gonna say every Ion model has been perfect but neither has strikemaster, especially the 24v once you have 12″ of ice.

you just figuring that out?

PmB

Every auger has a time and a place but this new ion sounds pretty good. I’ve always disliked the neon greens but tempted to try this one. The strikemaster 24v w nils 6″ is perfect for me but don’t think the new livescope ducer will work w it

JoeMX1825
    MN

Every auger has a time and a place but this new ion sounds pretty good. I’ve always disliked the neon greens but tempted to try this one. The strikemaster 24v w nils 6″ is perfect for me but don’t think the new livescope ducer will work w it

zero chance the LVS34 will fit down a 6” hole, needs to be 8”

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.