Interesting CWD podcast

• outdoorsmn

It’s a great podcast. Everyone, not only deer hunters, should be educated on the potential implications of CWD and prions for wildlife, livestock, agricultural plants, and ultimately humans.

The podcast with Steve Rinella (Meateater crew), Bryan Richards, and Doug Duren a little over a year ago originally opened my eyes.

Ep. 070: Chronic Wasting Disease

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

That is a very informative podcast. I learned a lot from it.

Hoyt4
    NULL

That was a great podcast. Also hunt the two areas of WI they were referencing.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Was this where they discussed how under estimated the distance a deer will travel. one was tracked starting at forestville and ended up in cannon falls.

disco bobber

They mentioned that one. They also had a lot of other information. One thing they did not talk about was the commercial sale of deer urine. Some states are banning it.

hthttp://www.startribune.com/louisiana-to-hunters-deer-urine-lures-might-spread-disease/490173741/

A deer is sick about 2 years before showing symptoms. Meanwhile disease is being shed in the urine. Shipping urine around the country makes no sense.

Rogan and Meateaters podcasts are very entertaining; also wish he would have mentioned the study the university of san diego came out with about human proteins resisting the cwd prions.
    The scary part I found from Dr. Richards is the fact that CWD has been evolving and has different strains shock

Aaron Kalberer

I can’t remember if the study was mentioned in these podcasts but there was a study done in Canada where CWD was transferred to monkeys, leading to the concern of human consumption of CWD infected deer.

here is a link to a write up of the study

https://www.cdc.gov/prions/cwd/transmission.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.