Install bathroom exhaust fan

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

I know nothing about wiring, the fan in my bathroom passed away and I have what I think is needed to install the new one. It’s in my attic but not a crawl space. It appears to be a simple job but not for me. Does anyone care to make some cash and give me a hand? I’m in Hastings and this weekend would be great or in the near future. Thanks

I am good to go…..thank you IDO

Denny O
    Central IOWA

WW Granger is a great place to get fan motors or even from the internet by typing in the model # and brand. I do it all the time for customers. Also thoroughly clean all interior surfaces housing blower blades and look into a new cover. Heck of a lot less work and money spent. you would be amazed how mush quieter it will be.

drifter295
    Hastings MN

Project is completed thank you for your info

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Just did this not too long ago. First we bought the whole housing and motor. I started working on it and thought there is no way I can do this. I then thought they must sell motors online. Well it turns out Lowe’s where I bought the whole unit also sold just motors and made by the same brand that was the original. The only issue I had was removing the old fan from the mount. I had to cut the plastic fan off. The new motor also attached differently than the original, but I figured it out.

The best part of just getting the motor is no wiring had to be done.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.