Input requested for listing a used boat for sale

• FryDog62

I’m getting ready to move out of state and could take my boat with me, but would likely have to store it at least a year until we get settled. Willing to do that, but weighing against the possibility of selling it now and buying something again down the line.

Two questions:

1) As I’ve looked around, I haven’t been able to find much of any comparables or listings for my particular boat. What is the best way to price a used boat?

2) What are the best places to list? Boattrader, Craigslist, Facebook, etc?

Thx, -Fry

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Walleye Central still gets lots of eyeballs.

List it here, people know you from this site that always helps.

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words at least. grin Also if new enough have the motor scanned.

None of my business but where are you going to?

FryDog62

Walleye Central still gets lots of eyeballs.

List it here, people know you from this site that always helps.

Pictures are worth a 1,000 words at least. grin Also if new enough have the motor scanned.

None of my business but where are you going to?

Yes, I plan to get some photos tomorrow and can list then…

As some of you know my wife has experienced some health issues the last 3-4 years. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when she fell last spring and actually broke her back. No more slippery sidewalks, roads, and parking lots for her for half the year like it is in Minn.

We had already been planning to spend the winter in Florida again this coming year and have a place rented, but I don’t think we end up permanently there. Probably Carolinas somewhere, but we have the next year+ to explore and decide. Not the best time to have a boat just sitting in storage while we move between a couple different states in the next 12-18 months…

But I can tell you I will miss that boat – I’ve had Rangers, Crestliners, Yar-craft, etc but this one was perfect for me so I’m half hoping I don’t sell it and just trailer it with me when I go.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Connect with Pug down there in Florida. Mike can give you the pro’s & Cons.

The bad news for you is those Prov Bass boats are kind of in demand. You will need to severely overprice it to hang onto it. jester

FryDog62

Connect with Pug down there in Florida. Mike can give you the pro’s & Cons.

The bad news for you is those Prov Bass boats are kind of in demand. You will need to severely overprice it to hang onto it. jester

Funny, I actually contacted Mike when I was down there 3-4 years ago. I was planning a guided fishing trip out of Roland Martin’s place on Okeechobee but couldn’t make the dates work.

I still will have my Autopilot down in FL to use for the winter so I won’t be a permanent land-lubber anyway.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0889-scaled.jpeg

Ripjiggen

Walleye central I had zero calls and 900 looks in a week. Facebook listed it and 2500 looks in 24 hours and sold it in two days.
    I would not waste my time or money on walleye central. Plenty of free sites on Facebook beside just marketplace.

This was a month ago.

MX1825

Good luck on your next adventure FryDog. Take care of that FW.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gonna miss your poop and hair posts Fryer. Take care.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I hope everything works out well for you and your wife FryDog. I don’t have the money to buy your boat. But I am willing to keep it running for you. coffee

Deuces

Give yourself a time frame for things to figure themselves out, 1,2 maybe 3 years in storage. If you really found the boat fits your needs after going thru many others I’d keep it around.

Maybe the new area you settle in will fit the boat nicely, maybe not, few grand in storage with new boat prices and the option to have to come back up and keep it running here and there ain’t a bad thing either….

Wish the best for your wife and the move, good luck toast

big_g
    Isle, MN

Gonna miss your poop and hair posts Fryer. Take care.

No internet in Florida ? crazy

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It would most likely pay a return to pay to store the boat all winter and then sell it in the spring if you decided to go that route.

Selling a boat now will absolutely require that you take a haircut over what you would get if you sold it during CrazyTime next year. On any rig valued at over $20k, that haircut will more than pay for the cost of the winter storage.

So if you like the boat, I’d say buy yourself some time and store it and use this winter to make a decision.

IMO, Facebook Marketplace is the only place to sell now. I hate the way it works, but you can’t beat the huge numbers of people who won’t buy or even look anywhere else.

FryDog62

Ok, here it is – photos and description. Any input on price would be appreciated. TIA, -Fry

2016 Lund Pro-V Bass

• Bought new in 2017, from Rapid Marine
    • Mercury 150 HP 4 stroke, Pro-XS seating, Shoreland’r trailer + custom travel cover
    • Oil change and tune up – August 2023. 220 engine hours, runs great
    • 36 volt Minnkota Ultrex iPilot Link 112 + remote
    • Helix 10 Gen2 SI at the console, Helix 10 Gen4 DI at the bow + Mega 360 Imaging
    • Garmin 1042xsv at the bow with Livescope
    • New Optima AGM starter battery (July 2023) and 3 TM batteries within the last year
    • New Amped Outdoors 80ah Lithium battery (June 2023) for Livescope/360, graphs
    • New Goodyear Endurance trailer tires
    • TH Marine jack plate
    • Includes Ezee-Steps bow ladder system
    • Includes Trailer Valet dolly

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6008-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_1629.jpeg

3. IMG_1623.jpeg

4. IMG_1627.jpeg

5. IMG_1626.jpeg

6. IMG_1622.jpeg

7. IMG_1630.jpeg

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Sweet rig. No clue on pricing but out of my budget! Would be an awesome setup though!

Ripjiggen

Googled 2 fairly quickly for sale. Bigger motors but should give you are starting point. What size is your boat? I assume 1875.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2713.png

Ripjiggen

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2712.jpg

Ripjiggen

33k.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2712.png

FryDog62

The listing is live and couple responses so far…

So my next question is – if someone buys it, what is the best way for them to pay? Yeah, it’s been awhile since I did any major transactions, I’ve only used Venmo for smaller stuff.

Thx!

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Cash would be sweet but you would have to verify its all real. One real easy way would be to run to the bank with them to get an official bank check/cashiers check. That way you know it wont bounce. Some people probably have better ideas too.

Ripjiggen

Cash which is doubtful or a cashiers check. Bank won’t issue you one unless you have the funds.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Keeping it simple. Buyer and Seller are both Mn residents.

After the verbal agreement to the sale. Both go to the buyers bank and either have them issue you a cashiers check or bank check. Or have them transfer the funds to your bank account via wire transfer. (Usually a small fee to transfer) The buyers bank may want to take a copy of both boat and trailer titles if the bank is giving a loan to the buyer.

Then both drive over to the DNR on Layfaette road in St Paul and transfer title of the boat. Then drive over to any DMV office and transfer the title of the trailer.

You should be able to get all of this done on a Saturday morning and be done with it. Don’t leave any loose ends “To take care of later” Later never happens.

-J.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

A little more info. If your buyer is taking a signature loan, the bank is not going to hold title as collateral. If the buyer is putting the boat up as collateral they will have some additional paperwork for the title transfers. Just a heads up.

I prepared buyer should have all of the funding crap worked out. Hope you don’t have to deal with an idiot!

-J.

FryDog62

A little more info. If your buyer is taking a signature loan, the bank is not going to hold title as collateral. If the buyer is putting the boat up as collateral they will have some additional paperwork for the title transfers. Just a heads up.

I prepared buyer should have all of the funding crap worked out. Hope you don’t have to deal with an idiot!

-J.

I hear you on that… Is the bottom line they have to get a cashier’s check from their bank (regardless of loan, collateral status)? Or the ability to EFT directly to my bank with no strings?

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You can ask for cash!

The key point is you will have immediate access to the funds via bank check or wire transfer. A personal check will take time to clear and no guarantee the check is good. In other words the Check is from the bank, not the buyer.

-J.

Ripjiggen

Exactly. Cashier check. sign the paper work for boat and trailer.

FryDog62

You guys are all a great help – thanks!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.