Impact XS bimini top storage

• Brad Baker

When I picked up my Impact the first thing that disappointed me was that the Bimini (non-Lund) could not be stored under the rear seats like my Crossover. There is the indent like it can go there but the custom one I have is to wide and therefore has to be laid on the rear seats or put up when in the boat. It doesn’t need to be opened, just set up.
    This was bugging me the first time out and under heavy waves of it’s up it’s clear it’s going to beat the brackets up.
    Does anyone have the factory Bimini and if so, can that one be stored under the seats?
    Thank you.

cheers

mine does , has a storage place with door and latch under rear deck

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

I have a sport top from Lund. Stores nicely under jump seats/livewell. I have a 1875.

blackbay

X3. Stores nicely under the rear seats. I have the side and rear curtain in the left side storage.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

The top needs to be 70″ wide for it to fit on the floor under the rear casting deck. The Crossover has straight drop down inside gunnels where the Impact has the kick out storage locker. That’s the problem your having, I am in the prosses of going through the same thing with my Impact.

Brad Baker

Thank you for the replies. To be clear, it sounds like everyone saying yes has a sport top and not a Bimini?
    If my dealer (who likes to push towards a canvas shop in his area) knew it wouldn’t fit but that there were options from Lund that would I’m going to be even more irritated. He should disclose this.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Yes the factory sport top fits under the rear casting deck. I do not have the latching door I just tuck mine down there and it stays put.

Deuces

Same problem with the moms hubby impact. Doesn’t fit. About the only complaint I have of the rig. Goofy AF really, they should let you know ahead of time.

Brad Baker

Same problem with the moms hubby impact. Doesn’t fit. About the only complaint I have of the rig. Goofy AF really, they should let you know ahead of time.

My dealer told me to bring it back and he will see if the custom shop can make it fit somehow.
    Is your moms top a factory top or custom?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.