Big Creek Hardwater Open Feb 21, 2010

• benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Hey Gang!!

It is my great pleasure to announce a new ice fishing tournament. The Big Creek Hardwater Open! This is another On Ice event sponsored by Recycled Fish. The event will be held Feb. 20 & 21, 2010. We’ll start the weekend with a Saturday pre-fishing day with a on ice lunch around noon that day. Saturday night we’ll have an Ice Bash, which we’ll cover the tournament rules and have some door prizes and a seminar or two. The tournament will begin at 8:00AM on Sunday and conclude at 2:00PM with the final weigh in. This is an open event, two man teams. The cost will be $55/team, which means that you and your ice fishing partner can get into this for $27.50 each. There will also be an optional individual $5 Berkley Big Fish Award. The winner of the Berkley Big Fish award will win the cash pot award along with $250 worth of Berkley merchandise for the team! Berkley merchandise comes in two’s so both team members win! Soon I’ll have a link to a registration site for you all along with a rules page outlining specifics for the two day event. I’d love to see some replies from teams that would like to participate. This is the maiden inaugural for this event, a big stepping stone to what will be a yearly event. Drop a note with questions if you have them at [email protected]

Here’s a link to the website, registration will open on Monday December 28th. I’ll have a link to the registration site on the web page, along with another post here with a direct link to the registration site as well.

We look forward to seeing any and all teams that can make it out. See you on the ice…TIGHT LINES!!!

Big Creek Hardwater Open

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Sounds like fun! Teeg from Recycled Fish is awesome to work with! At the last Fishapalooza contest he brought out 1000’s of bags and set up bag stations for our contestants to bring fish to the weigh in alive. He’s also quite the photographer! Looks like he’s going to be busy, he’s helping us out at this years Fishapalooza Feb 27th in Forest Lake MN the weekend after your tourny!

Good Luck,

Ferny.

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Good Morning all!!

Just wanted to provide you all with an update!!. The registration for this tournament is now officially open. I posted a link to the registration site at the bottom of the event announcement. Point your mouse to that link and it will shoot you straight to event page. Thanks and hope to see you out there on the ice!!.. (Link to event site is right up above)

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Good Morning Everyone!!

Another update for you all as we continue to put this new event together. It’s a pleasure to announce that Scheels has joined the Big Creek Hardwater Open as our exclusive retail sponsor for this event. There are details to follow that will outline what exactly that will look like, but it is great to have them on board supporting local Iowa anglers.

In addition to that, The Iowa Sportsman is also joining us in a sponsorship by donating several free subscriptions. I appreciate Patrick and the staff at The Iowa Sportsman for supporting the Big Creek Open!

Registration is on going and there plenty of spots available, so if you’d like to get join us we’d love to have you.

See You On The Ice!!

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Hey Gang!!..

Just keeping you up to date on the progress and dates, etc. We spent an afternoon out at Scheels this past weekend promoting the Big Creek tournament to ice anglers that were walking through the store. We didn’t have any on site registrations, but quite a few inquiries. I have already received two phone calls from ice anglers outside of the Des Moines area so the word is spreading!! There are still plenty of spots remaining for the tournament so no problems joining if you are still giving it some consideration. Just as an FYI for you all, I will be closing registration for the tournament the evening of the ice bash. There will be no walk on registrations the morning of the tournament. There have also been several folks asking about the rules meeting and who has to be there. Obviously we would like to see everyone there, its going to be a great evening with a couple seminars, along with a raffle, silent auction and a run down of the tournament. However, at a minimum we need at least one member present from each team. So please keep the 20th of Feb open, time is 7PM. I’m working hard on securing a location for the ice bash and will announce that by the end of this week. Also for those that have not visited the website recently I have posted a map of Big Creek with the boundary’s marked for you. Thanks to all those that have registered! Tight Lines All!!

benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Good Morning Gang!!

Just providing yet another update to the tournament and the events leading up to tournament day! We have selected our venue for the Ice Bash which will be held on Feb 20th at 7PM. This is our mandatory rules meeting and will be a great event for all in attendance. We will be meeting at Barclay’s in Ankeny… here is there website for more info if you need it…

As you all know Scheels is the lead sponsor for this event and have graciously provided us with a ton of prizes to be handed out at the Ice Bash. We’ll also have a silent auction to benefit Recycled Fish. Please don’t forget to check out these silent auction items and support Recycled Fish as we continue to strive to remind anglers like you and me how important being a good steward of the waters we fish.

I’m looking forward to seeing you all out there on the ice Saturday the 20th for pre-fishing as well as on Sunday for the tournament day! Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any other questions you might have. Barclay’s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.