Best tip-down design

• nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Im sure this has been covered before, apologies. Looking for a small project to do this spring and decided tip downs it is. Anyone have a link to a good design or some thoughts. I would prefer to build myself.

Thanks in advance.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

web page

There’s been some really good discussions on the tip downs that cover a number of threads. The thread above takes you to members willing to share plans.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s a search that lists many/all the threads on IDO over the winter that discussed tip downs.

>>> Tip Down Threads on IDO

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Sweet.

Thanks for the tip on searching through google as well, that is slick. Was trying to use the search on the forums wasn’t getting what I needed.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Sweet.

Thanks for the tip on searching through google as well, that is slick. Was trying to use the search on the forums wasn’t getting what I needed.

I’d love to be able to say the internal IDO search is the best tool for the job but the truth is trying to out-search google isn’t worth the effort. They definitely have it down.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

PM sent. You will love my design, we have been using them for 10 years with great success.

fishingcanada

the base and riser are 1×4 cut to whatever size you like mine are like 9″ base and riser, cut at angle and attach hinge, make notch in riser for dowel to ride inwith a slot on either side for the piece of coat hanger to ride in. attach coat hanger to dowel with a rubber band or other suitable device ( makes it adjustable) for the reel you can attach one of those plastic reels that you can buy for like 2.99 or so or use 2 small dowel pins .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.