Another Ice First Timer

• mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Our oldest son Nathan traveled up from the SE part of WI with his snowmobile on Friday to spend the weekend and introduce us to his girlfriend, Linda. When I inquired about things they’d like to do he said Linda wanted to try some ice fishing. “Well, I suppose, if I have to, we could take you out on Saturday.” (my wife Bea made a rare trip to the ice with me)
    After a bit of a late start (at least by Bret’s and my standards) we arrived at one of our favorite community spots, unloaded the snow machine and ATV, hooked up the shacks and off we went. We stopped by Neutron to see what kind of action he was having and after learning things were kind of slow there, decided to venture out to one of our other favorite spots, away from the crowd.
    After drilling a “few” holes I set Linda and Nathan up on a spot with the tent and the LX-5 and it didn’t take Linda long to figure out how this game should be played. She kind of gave all of us, and especially Nate a bit of a lesson – she had the hot stick on this day – way to go Linda. Bret let us borrow his new Showdown Troller so Bea and I didn’t have to fish “naked” – – – – you know without electronics. It’s a nice little machine but I’d never give up my LX-5.
    We sorted through a lot of fish but did keep enough to send them home with a fish fry of gills. It sounds like they want to come up again to go ice fishing – we may just have a couple of new “ice heads” in the making. It is so cool seeing someone having fun and learning about ice fishing. Of course being able to take a ride on the snow machine and ATV is fun too.

I was having a bad camera day but here goes. 1. Linda with her first gill of the day 2. Nathan with his first fish. 3. Bea with a nice gill caught with the Showdown 4. My one and only keeper but – – – I was busy “guiding” 5. The “toys 6. “The Spot”

It was a beautiful day to be out enjoying a day on the ice with Nathan, Linda and Bea.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

sounds like every body had fun ,

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

It is evident by the smiles that everyone had a great time.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Nice work Mike introducing a couple newbies to the world of ice fishing

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Great job on the guiding buddy Mike

It bet there was some laughing and good times being had by all. Congrats to everyone on the catch

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Great job Mike, it’s fun creating monsters isn’t it looked like you had a blast

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There’s only one thing better than going fishing…and that’s taking a newbie along fishing!

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

I took some of my younger cousins from Southern Indiana out ice fishing for the first time in December. I got them set up over a fish crib where i knew they would get some jigging action. It was very rewarding teaching them about ice fishing and their faces just lit up when they would pull a little perch or rock bass through the hole. I heard from my aunt and uncle that all the boys talk about was how much fun they had on the ice and can’t wait until next year to come up and ice fish again. I must have been a decent teacher…..

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice job on the guide trip Mike.
    Looks like it was a lot of fun.

fishingcanada

That,s a great gift when you have done your first time fishing. a smile and the enjoyment that never fade away….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.