pelican lake

• katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

anyone know if you can fish it tomorrow even though there is a tournament going on?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Don’t know why not……They don’t own the lake.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Don’t know why not……They don’t own the lake.

walleyeben
    Albertville,MN

Word is tourny is the north basin only, maybe seek alternate access though, a stop light is needed already on midweek mornings getting in and out of the acess!! Such a shame to mismanage such an awsome fishery, I love ducks but I also no where to find em and its not in the metro!!!! Sorry ofr the rant and good luck fishing the morning crappy bite has been great in the middle and south basins in the shallow weeds, the cold has slowed the bite but limits are plentiful!!Iff you dare

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Walleyeben is correct about the tourney, the north basin is where the touney is going to be held. The lake is full of great panfish and I will be interested in seeing the weights. Lots of fish to be caught on Pelican right now, but you most certainly have to be willing to put in some time to find some decent fish. They are there but hard to find. You can access the lake off co rd 117 on the east side of the lake only if you have a 4×4. This is the wind blown side of the lake and the now is much deeper in this basin, but will be less travelled this weekend.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Quote:

anyone know if you can fish it tomorrow even though there is a tournament going on?

I could have swore there was tourny going on every weekend out there!

katmando

thanks guys, headin out to see if i can get them crappies then, and yeah i agree with ya ben about the whole not takin care of that fishery

craig daugherty
    Osseo, Mn

I will be out there on Sunday fishing Cals spot.

Really though, I’ll be cooking Brats on the Grill. Good luck to all!

icepromk
    sw wi

last time i checked this is still America. you can go to the ice fishing extravaganza in brainerd and set up right in the middle of the group and fish if your not in the tournament. wouldnt be very smart but you can.

katmando

well i ended up headin out there yesterday then from 2pm to 7pm and ended up gettin 10 crappies with a couple 12 inchers and most being around 9 inches. caught them on both red euro larvae and crappie minnows with very small diamond head jigs.

the bite would be slow for about an hour then you would catch acouple real quick then it would shut down for another hour and catch a couple more.
    we were fishin in 6 ft of water. we could see alot of big sunnys and blue gill lookin at the minnows on the camera but only crappies were interested. all in all it was a good day on the water thanks for lettin me know i could go out there guys

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.