Fishing Trip

• Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Three friends and I are thinking about making a trip to MN or northern WI within about 5 hours of Madison. We’d like to stay at a resort and have good walleye, perch, and other panfish fishing. We could possibly hire a guide to help us find fish. Has anyone got some suggestions? Thanks

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

You could check out the Chippewa Flowage or Hayward Area, You would be looking at a bit longet drive but you could get to Mille Lacs in MN.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Jerry:

3.5 hours north, stay at Fibbers, Good place to stay, rooms or cabins, bar/restaurant on site, guide Rob Manthie for you to hire and Good fishing on Big St. Germain right in front of the resort!!! Tell Rob, Kaye or Connie I sent ya!!!

Mark

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Contact Tanner Wildes here on IDO. He guides in the Hayward area. You are guaranteed a good time.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Mille Lacs has many different resorts and guides that will put you on fish. Another trip that I’ve always wanted to try is in Door County targeting walleyes and giant Tullibees.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

Went up to Sturgeon Bay last weekend and fished with Brett Alexander for Whitefish. What a freaking blast!!! We tried for walleyes in the morning and afternoon the first day and one of the guys got a good one but that was it. We had so much fun with the Whitefish we didnt even bother with the eyes the rest of the weekend. I couldnt even tell you how many we caught as a group but it was at least a few hundred. Fresh whitefish are about as good eating as anything else out there and it was pretty much non stop action the entire time. Most of the fish ranged between 14″ and 18″ and they’re a lot of fun on ultralight gear. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

As a side note, Brett’s got a top notch operation and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He’s got a couple guys that help him out and they worked their off too make sure we all had a great time.
    ice fish green bay

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

I’ll second that on Bret Alexander!!! He is top notch and a great person. I would suggest him over anyone for Green Bay!!!

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks for all your help guys. I’ll be talking with my other guys about all your suggestions.

stuther
    Door county

The one thing with Bret is that he takes so many people at one time that he don’t have enough one on one with the people. He has all the toys but if you are looking for more one on one then look somewhere else. last sat he had 70 people so that gives you a idea. That is the one thing most people complain about with him. I”m not trying to talk trash about him just want you all to have a good time while fishing here.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. One of the guys I’m going with knew of a guy named Andy Stuth. We’ve decided to go with him. We’ll be staying in the Sturgeon Bay area.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.