look what i hooked into!

• randeye
    Hudson

I put my ice castle out on the lake this past wed. Had between 15 and 17 inches of ice. I did get a few walleye’s each evening most of which were 12 inchers. I was able to release a 16 (slot) and a 21″. Had another bigger eye to the hole but lost it. The crappies were there also but alot of lookers. Caught mostly smaller ones with the largest being 11″.

Pulled the wheelhouse off the lake Saturday morning and decided to see if I could find some crappies at the State Park. I was fishing with my St. Criox UL combo with 4 lb test when I hooked into this pig! I took almost 15 minutes to get it on the ice. Not what I was expecting to see but still one heck of a battle!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice! It’s funny the walleyes will fade from your memory, but that pig and it’s fight will live on!

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Nice fish and a Battle indeed my most memorable fight with a fish was a carp I hooked into casting small jigs at the dam in the spring 45 mins to land was 42″ and 37lbs at time I weighed it in I snagged it in the tail on my 6ft St Croix trout rod 6lb test wish I had a picture

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.