Otter Monster Box…

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Finally got mine set up the way I want it…gonna be sweet tomorrow on the ice!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Congrats! How long you had the 4-wheeler?

I LOVE mine. Absolutely THE best way to move gear around out on the ice if you use an ATV. I just wish they still made the large. My understanding is Otter shelved that size because most of the demand was for the small and medium. The large would be perfect for all our camera gear. We can get most of it in the medium, which is saying something, but it would be nice to have a few extra square feet for some odds n’ ends. I think my favorite attachment is the auger carrier. Just keeping the auger away from the rest of the gear where I know it won’t be banging away on something fragile / expensive makes those long hauls less worrisome.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I like the auger carrier idea…it was a tough one between that and the bucket holder. But when the otter stays at home…I need to have that bucket to sit on/put fish in/ or extra gear…

Plus, I love the auger racks on the front of my quad, that way I know the auger is safe at all times. If I hadn’t already proven the auger rack ice worthy, I would have bought the auger carrier. That is what is so neat about the box, you can accessorize it to your individual liking!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Just over a year now on the quad…found a great deal on a polaris 2006 800 efi twin. It was still in the crate. A dealership went out of business…and they were giving them away…

Next accessory…tracks!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Just over a year now on the quad…found a great deal on a polaris 2006 800 efi twin. It was still in the crate. A dealership went out of business…and they were giving them away…

Next accessory…tracks!

Right place. Right time. With cash in hand.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I love my Otter large box. It’s got more room then I got gear. I added the rod box this year. I think I’ll add the fuel cell next year. I can carry a 20lb L.P. tank, two buckets, heater and LX-5 and still have plenty of room for a soft side cooler, spot light, rags, rope and …..

I’m working on customizing the interior now. Just can’t decide where I want to store stuff right now. Once I decide that, I plan to use old milk crates cut up and fastened down to hold stuff in place.

I need to find a better bag for organizing my tackle boxes. Probably just gonna use a soft side cooler or small tackle bag. I use a small 3 gallon bucket for keeping minnows. A full size bucket for sitting/fish, but I need to get a lid for it so it doesn’t slop water all over my gear when heading home. I also want to get an 11lb propane tank, it’s just less weight over all.

Let’s see some interior pics when she’s loaded!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Is a person able to open the otter rod case while its still attached to the box?

The reason I ask is it would be nice if you could just fold down the one side at a 90 degree angle to form a table effect. Then a person could just leave the rod case clipped on and still easily access all the rods.

They probably already thought of this.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

I love my Otter large box. It’s got more room then I got gear. I added the rod box this year. I think I’ll add the fuel cell next year. I can carry a 20lb L.P. tank, two buckets, heater and LX-5 and still have plenty of room for a soft side cooler, spot light, rags, rope and …..

I’m working on customizing the interior now. Just can’t decide where I want to store stuff right now. Once I decide that, I plan to use old milk crates cut up and fastened down to hold stuff in place.

I need to find a better bag for organizing my tackle boxes. Probably just gonna use a soft side cooler or small tackle bag. I use a small 3 gallon bucket for keeping minnows. A full size bucket for sitting/fish, but I need to get a lid for it so it doesn’t slop water all over my gear when heading home. I also want to get an 11lb propane tank, it’s just less weight over all.

Best Minnow bucket made for on a 4 wheeler or in a sled. It fits inside of a 5 gallon bucket. I think mine is a 3 gallon, it’s just as tall as a 5 gallon pail and fits inside with an 1″ all the way around.

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Beverage_2/All-Beverage/2-Gallon-Legend

deertracker

Quote:

Quote:

Best Minnow bucket made for on a 4 wheeler or in a sled. It fits inside of a 5 gallon bucket. I think mine is a 3 gallon, it’s just as tall as a 5 gallon pail and fits inside with an 1″ all the way around.

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Beverage_2/All-Beverage/2-Gallon-Legend

But how do the minnows fit through the spout.
    DT

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Nutz,

I’ve tried those cooler types before, but I’ve struggled getting the frozen lids open. Sally hands I guess.

If it weren’t for Matt, I wouldn’t own an Otter box. He tipped me off and I found large one for sale in St. Cloud. He picked it up and delivered.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

and they double as iglo’s

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

I use a small 3 gallon bucket for keeping minnows. A full size bucket for sitting/fish, but I need to get a lid for it so it doesn’t slop water all over my gear when heading home.

Put a Gamma Seal Lid on your 3 gallon,It works on a 5 too…
    You put the sealing ring on first and the cover screws on easy….
    Definitely seals the bucket (it’s airtight also)Mine works great.
    Gamma LId

woody_036
    Spooner, Wi

Quote:

Quote:

I use a small 3 gallon bucket for keeping minnows. A full size bucket for sitting/fish, but I need to get a lid for it so it doesn’t slop water all over my gear when heading home.

Put a Gamma Seal Lid on your 3 gallon,It works on a 5 too…
    You put the sealing ring on first and the cover screws on easy….
    Definitely seals the bucket (it’s airtight also)Mine works great.
    Gamma LId

With these Gamma Seal bucket lids, do they ever freeze shut? I ask because I have a cheap bucket lid that has a rubber seal which fits a 5 gallon bucket. I place my minnow bucket in it when I come on/off the lake and on cold days the lid freezes on because of the water sloshing out of the minnow bucket. It really stinks when you want to start fishing and you have to wait for the lid to thaw.

perchhead

I would love to put one on my ATV,but until Otter makes a gun scabbard that attaches to the monster box I wont buy one and have to remove my scabbard every year.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

With these Gamma Seal bucket lids, do they ever freeze shut?

Never had it freeze shut…The threads get some ice on them sometimes but the ice busts off easy….A little tap is all I ever had to do.

ifishgs
    Grand Forks, ND

Were can you buy one at. I have seen them on-line but the shipping is high.

Brian

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

where are you located?

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

I bought mine at Fleet Farm.I use them for watering my dog pheasent hunting,I can carry 5 gallons of water and not worry about water all over in the truck.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.