must have accessories for your flip shanty

• Fallguy
    S.E.Michigan

Just wondering what you guys take on the ice with you in your sled besides the obvious. Must have accessories I guess,just bought an Otter Team Wild 2 and want to accessorize it up nicecly…Thanks…..Lee

joejingle
    Iowa, sometimes Arkansas

lazy boy, satellite, tv, dvd player, movies, dog, girlfriend (leave wife to do dishes)

broman

Good ceiling lights. If you can wait for shipping (2 – 3 weeks) I would highly suggest Best Honk Kong. I have a set, and I have sat in several other friends fishhouses and am always disappointed by how bad their lighting systems are compared to mine.

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Yup, a good stand alone light is huge. Heater, small shovel, food and thermos.

timmy

I had a friend sew up a mesh hanger that hangs between two of the cieling bars…..kind of like a hammock for wet gloves and such. It is great for placing hats, gloves, facemasks, etc…..anyhting that gets wet goes in it – and dries nicely. It is takes up no extra space, but is there when needed.

roland

get a rope lite or two from clam fleetfarm has them for
    $20 they work great!! had mine for six years

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

Good ceiling lights. If you can wait for shipping (2 – 3 weeks) I would highly suggest Best Honk Kong. I have a set, and I have sat in several other friends fishhouses and am always disappointed by how bad their lighting systems are compared to mine.

What item exactly do you get from there?

broman

I believe it was the LED Tube, Flexible & Water Proof in White, 96cm. Or you could get two of the smaller ones and mount them to two separate ceiling poles.

http://besthongkong.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_71&products_id=577

No disrespect to Big Daddy, but I have been in several shacks with the Clam rope lights and they are pretty much mood lighting.

You won’t be disappointed by the brightness of the Best Hong Kong lights. I bought mine after reading about them from many other people on this and other fishing sites.

Here’s a thread from last month, someone even made a video of his lights in his shack. The video doesn’t really do it just on how bright they are, especially when reflecting of snow.

walleyehunter83

Love my frabill hooks. Hang up the jacket and wet gloves. I really like my frabill led lights. Very nice.

fishingishot
    Walker, MN

Quote:

I believe it was the LED Tube, Flexible & Water Proof in White, 96cm. Or you could get two of the smaller ones and mount them to two separate ceiling poles.

No disrespect to Big Daddy, but I have been in several shacks with the Clam rope lights and they are pretty much mood lighting.

You won’t be disappointed by the brightness of the Best Hong Kong lights. I bought mine after reading about them from many other people on this and other fishing sites.

Here’s a thread from last month, someone even made a video of his lights in his shack. The video doesn’t really do it just on how bright they are, especially when reflecting of snow.

How are the BHK lights holding up for you. I put 2 sets in my Otter and one set has 25-30% burned out after 3 hours. The other set I only use when I need additional light.

broman

I don’t use my large portable as much as I’d like so they haven’t really had a good workout. I’ve probably used them a total of 4 hours and haven’t had any issues. I have seen a few post on others have lost a few leds. Durability wise, they probably aren’t the strongest as they weren’t made to be bounced around inside a cold shack, but they are the brightest ones out there.

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

This is my lighting solution.
    http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_080V044268411000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Fairly cheap. I borrow them off my bikes every winter and return them at the end of the season. Extremely bright. Adjustable to any shack pole system. Can adjust the aim. Breaks apart into two pieces – fits in my Plano. Can leave attached when breaking down your flip shack.

A nice strong narrow beam but also enough to light the entire shack at the same time.

The coolest thing about it is that is has a pulse mode. Your friends with the adult beverages can’t find your shack at night? Attach it to the outside on pulse. Works like a charm.

Boogs

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Forgot to mention that they are built tough. Dropped them on the pavement a number of times with no problems.

Joef421
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

It says its 12VDC, do you drag a 12V battery with you?

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Another… it has a quick release in case you need to do a mad dash to the biffy.

fireline
    Rochester

Does the K Mart store in Rochester still have them ? What department ? Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I guess I’m old school. Nothing but a headlamp for me. Tiny, light, ridiculously bright and it comes in handy out on the ice when checking tip ups after dark, etc.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

what is nice about the headlamps is you can see how blood shot your partners eyes are! I like the bike lights, way to think outside the box

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Not sure if they do – you’ll have to give KMart a call as mine are about 3 years old. Sporting Goods. Middle of the store – straight to the back. Good luck.

Boogs

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

what is nice about the headlamps is you can see how blood shot your partners eyes are! I like the bike lights, way to think outside the box

Training fishing buddies to stop shining you in the eyes with a headlamp is easy. A snowball or handful or slush to the cheek for each infraction solves things quick.

broman

Joef, I use a flasher battery for them. They will work with a 9volt, but probably won’t last as long and they are less bright unless you give it a full 12v.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I made these for my flip last year and liked them, if you don’t have a zipper door on your flip they are not ideal.

rfisher
    St. Cloud, MN

Sunflower seeds and a six pack of mnt dew

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I’ve started using a insulated water jug for minnows. Less hassle and doesn’t leak. Cat litter pail works great to put your fish in. Smaller than a 5 gal bucket.

Rope
    Kansas

I had HongKong lights,but I’m running a Frabill light bar now.Got rid of the spare battery,to lighten the sled up.Runs on 6 AA batteries.

trekr200
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Love my frabill hooks. Hang up the jacket and wet gloves. I really like my frabill led lights. Very nice.

x2

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.