Strikemaster Lazer (Solo) recoil issue…

• rangerski
    North Metro

Just picked up a new SM Lazer on Friday, fired it up in the garage and noticed the rewind stopped short about 5″. After it ran a few seconds it sucked it in the remainder. Got out on Tonka Sat morning and sure enough it happened again except now she was strung out over a foot and took alot longer to finally retract? Looks like a trip to Big Lake is in store, not very pleasing seeing it’s brand new! Anyone else expierence this?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I wonder if you didn’t get a hold over auger made last season. Some of the earliest solo augers were shipped with a grease in the recoil that was too thick in cold conditions. The fix is super easy… a dousing of WD removes the excess and the recoil will work perfectly. All the current models are sold with recoils that have a new “cold friendly” grease. Regardless, SM will get you fixed up. If you want to call off the visit to Big Lake grab a can of WD and do it yourself.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

A the video showing how it is done.

rangerski
    North Metro

Thanks James, I will give it a go!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If this is indeed the issue you’ll be up and running in 5 minutes.

doonan
    Storm Lake, IA

if the wd40 dosn’t work they have excellent customer service and will take care of you in short order. I had a new recoil at my door in 24 hours. They are great people.

jetro
    Mayer, MN

Sometimes you need to wind the spring another round to give it the right preload also. Had to fix a buddies up in Winnipeg last year.

rangerski
    North Metro

The results are in, I tried the WD40 fix and it helped but still has some resistance in the same spot after each revolution. Called SM and thay are shipping me a complete replacement recoil. Great customer care, but still a little dissapointing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.