ottertail cnty ice

• fieds
    ottertail county

my icefishin buddy was on rush lake sunday and witnessed a ice house go down in front of the winter drive on access.
    the guys were able to cut and drag it out though. lake ice up here is definitly not thick enough for 16 footers.

on the bite side, rush produced no wally’s only pike for them.
    we tried lightning saturday and got skunked too.

friday hoot lake got me one 8 inch wally.

we’ve gotten @ 3 inches of snow today which will set us back for good ice.

there’s shacks on pelican lake in the narrows but people got to be careful, i’m sure there will be some flooding stories after this snow is done. colder temps are right around the corner though.

be safe, fieds

chappy
    Hastings, MN

When fishing Pelican, Do they set up right along the steep drop off just no. of the Narrows?

fieds
    ottertail county

pelican lake by ashby. i’ve always went west/south of the road access. are we talkin the same lake, or pelican by pelican rapids?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Same lake…Know the lake well in the summer time. Never fished it in the Winter. I have my trailer at Indian Mounds resort.

fieds
    ottertail county

alot of panfish to the left/north of the acces road. i have only fished there a couple times over the years. all my wally’s have come from the main lake side in 8 foot.

i didn’t get any hot bite chatter from my “spys” this thanksgiving holiday down there so i can’t comment on the recent bite. Wed. of last week i heard slow was the word.

fieds

chappy
    Hastings, MN

How far off the Access road? I might need to make a road trip.

fieds
    ottertail county

Not real far, after getting on the narrows, i usually walk about 50 to 70 yards towards the public access on hwy 78.

by this weekend there will prob. be quite a few shacks.

rumor has it that the christina lake outlet has muddied the water to the point you cant see your minnow 6 inches down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.