Marcum vs825c vs. 620 b&w

• Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Gander Mtn has old version vs825C on sale for $399. You can also buy the new 620 b&w for $399. Is the new model’s technology improved? 2″ smaller screen size and b&w. I will be fishing with it primarily on the Mississippi in dirty water. I have heard b&w is better for that. Thanks for replies in advance. I will be buying one or the other this sunday.

Ted

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Black and white is definitely better for dirty water…

The newer models have a much clearer viewing screen, allowing us to not have to hide in an ice house to view the screen from my understanding. The 600 series and the 800 series also allow to switch between B/W and color..

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

We tested this last year with Dwight from Scheels, BK do you know where that video is ?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I couldn’t find it on YouTube Jesse.

It’s obsolete anyway with the 825sd having the new camera head.

I’ll have to see if Dwight is up to making a new recording of the three cameras again this winter.

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Jesse…did you remember if there was a significant difference either way? Picked up the 825C but haven’t opened it. Now I am having second thoughts due to the area I am going to be fishing…dirty water… Thanks Dave for reply. Probably will take back and go the other way now.

Ted

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ted, I can’t make up your mind for you..but I might help.

The new 620 will have a 300% brighter screen over the 825c.

With the smaller screen of the 620 you’re going to miss some fish at a distance. Hook your camera up to a 50 inch tv screen and you’ll see more than you can with the 8 in version.

I would agree with the guys if your looking in deep water, without light penetration, the B&W is the way to go regardless of how dirty the water is. If your using it on the ‘sippi (going by P4 standards in Jan/Feb) color will show better definition at depths 30ish feet and up.

Dirty water just shortens up you viewing distance whether it’s b&w or color.

No light takes away the color.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.