Hastings Ice Fishing

• jfewer

I am new to the Hastings MN area and am looking for some local spots to ice fish this winter. I dont have a preference on species, but like panfish (crappies), walleye and northern. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

tonyscully
    Hastings, MN

Welcome jfewer, Lake Rebecca has some good panfish and crappie fishing early and late ice. It is a popular (community fishing hole). Or you might try (dushanes)Vermillion River. There is an public access off of Ravana Trail just east of town it has a googd bite early ice for some crappies.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Welcome to IDO Jfewer. You’ve joined a great site with a lot of helpful guys.

wilson1984

Welcome!! St. Croix river has alot of fish and you won’t have 100 guys right next to you. You can’t get out real early but once you can, it’s a great place! If you need someone to help you out alittle on the river, shoot me a PM. I’m not an expert but I love to get out and try

jfewer

Thanks. I know where Lake Rebecca is and I think I could find Dushanes based on your description. Any ideas on where to go at either place? Follow the herd? What do you usually use and what depths are best?

lhprop1
    Eagan

When I lived in Prescott, I used to split my time between Rebecca and Isabelle. I never had any luck on Isabelle. It’s really shallow, seems like it might almost be too shallow to hold fish during a winter. There were always other guys out there, though, so there must have been something in there.

Here is the DNR info on Isabel. http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/results.html

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

Howdy neighbor

I can show you a few places that I never catch anything, in fact just about every time I go I come home empty handed. I’ve got all the gear and stuff, and can cook up a pretty good ice lunch, but don’t plan on catching any fish. Just so you know.

pdl
    Bayport/St. Croix/Otsego/Grand Rapids

If you drive west over towards Lakeville, you have your choice of some great lakes, including Prior, Spring, Orchard, Crystal, Carls, Cedar and Marion.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.