Increasing the odds…

• luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

What are you going to do this year to increase your odds on bigger and better fish hooking up at the end of your ice line?

This year, as my early post asked about multiplier fly reels, I am going to try and switch every single ice rod that I own over to a fly reel. So, I will be trying something new. I really like the thought of having a ‘non’ spinning spoon for walleyes.

What are some other ideas for increasing the odds this year, with all the products that are available…

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

You have a hard enough time putting fish on the ice. Now your adding a fly reel…You might as well sell everything…

I am replacing all my trebles on my spoons, and carrying a file along to sharpen hooks after a few fish.

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

I’m adding two more low profile baitcasting reels to my set ups.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

I think I am about ready to sell all my bowhunting equipment. Yesterday, I think I finally figured out why I like ice fishing over bowhunting. If I’m not on fish, I drill more holes and look, bowhunting…you can’t just get down at three in the afternoon, and move your treestand to where you see deer…they will spook.

Maybe I should work on my patience…

hnd

i upgraded from vex to marcum this year so that will be new. we also got a solo towards the end of the year and that will allow me to punch 10x the holes during early ice this year.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

More trips north

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I plan on taking advantage of a few area small lakes that I have ignored for to long. Open water scouting has some new waypoints in the GPS so I can be spot on come ice!

timmy

Best odds-increaser I know of is to spend more time on high percentage waters. LOTW, Kab, URL, Rainy…….

Seems to work.

T

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Quote:

I plan on taking advantage of a few area small lakes that I have ignored for to long. Open water scouting has some new waypoints in the GPS so I can be spot on come ice!

Keep me in mind if you need a beer carrier…

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

My #1 goal this year is to get my 5-year old hooking into some river slabs.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I am going to actually get on the ice more then 2 times this year, should increase my odds a bunch. hopefully. but then again every where I go to fish they leave. I have and am bad luck on hard water.

anyone want to test that theory?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.