big perch on LOTW

• bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

I was fishing on thursday morning, and managed to pull up what seemed to me to be an exceptionally big perch….it was 14 1/2″….didn’t have a scale with me, and I didn’t think to weigh it before I ate it , I was wondering if anyone could give me the formula for figuring out how much it weighed. I know that the formula for walleye/sauger is length times length times length devided by 2700(i.e: a 18″ fish = 18 x 18 x 18 / 2700 = 2.16lbs- try it some time…it’s pretty close!) I was wondering if anyone knew the one for perch…I know its a smaller number to divide by, but I forgot it
    any help would be appreciated!!
    oh…I was fishing off of springsteel again( go figure)…but a word to the adventurous types…if you venture off of a resort maintained road ANYWHERE on the lake, be sure you keep an eye on weather conditions…. and ice conditions…..the ice has been moving, and there’s enough snow on the ice to force a lot of water up on top. Also, if you venture out on some narrow plowed path…watch for the wind to come up…those little trails can drift in in about an hour!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Nice fish Marcus I don’t have the formula off-hand but the 15″ post-spawn female i caught last march-april had no eggs in it, and just barely missed 2lbs. If your fish had eggs…i’d say 2 to 2+ easy…Either way…Congrats

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

didn’t have a scale with me, and I didn’t think to weigh it before I ate it

The big question is did you use one of the batters found on this site and how did that pig taste???? LOL

Gator Hunter

bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

actually, no…I used my own batter….I soak the fish in half and half with seasoned salt for about 2 hrs, and take saltine crackers and run them through the blender (powdered saltines basically) and pan fry them in veggie oil with salt and pepper to taste…best way to enjoy fish I’ve found so far…doesn’t take away the flavor any. And, yes, they were good!!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

marcus:

Change those crackers to Ritz and the enjoyment is simply divine!!!

Mark

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

I caught a 14 and 3/4 on a tip up down at shady maple last year. It weighed out at 1lb 14oz, the following weekend.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.