Fishapalooza results

• ferny
    Stillwater, MN

There still crunching the attendance #’s but I’d guess 4,000-5,000???
    A 13 YO kid won $20,000 with a 5.5lb northern
    Last prize 0.32lb crappie took home a Skeeter 1790 tiller!
    I was there when a 16YO took home an Ice Castle. They were so pumped they were stopping home to get a couple LP tanks and they were going fishing that night!
    4000+ fish bags handed out from Recycled Fish on Ice
    Hundreds of free lures and tackle boxes to the kiddies from Northland Tackle.
    600+ fish weighed in
    40 lbs of contest fillets donated to Hunt Feed Fish on the Sportsmans Channel the rest all released. 80 lbs of Sysco fish donated = 120 lbs of donated fillets feeding 200 homeless people at Dorothy Day last Sunday.
    VFW raffle sold out meaning $30,000 to charity plus all of the beer sales on ice to VFW charity helping Vets, Boy and Girl Scouts…etc
    The fur hat guy gave us a couple hats to give away. 1 yote went to first fish and skunk hat went to last fish weighed.
    30+ US Navy Sea Cadets (youths) helped us with bucket checks and security.
    I handed out 30 custom wooden Fishapalooza rod holders randomly, any of you get one?

104 winners are very happy. Tons of smiles out of the kiddies and it’s helping a hundreds of people through the charities. A ton of work but I got to see the best in a lot of people behind the scenes. That will keep me coming back to help. Overwhelmingly positive response from attendees and sponsors. Lot’s of people said there coming back with more friends next year!

THANK YOU to all the volunteers, sponsors, and contestants.
    It wouldn’t be Fishapalooza without all of you.

Ferny.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

great contest I’ll be back again! I’ll get there Well before 8 as opposed to 9 but I’ll be back. I saw the rod holders they looked sweet!!!! didn’t get one though.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

THAT is a mighty powerful photo!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

THAT is a mighty powerful photo!

For once I have to agree with ya BK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.