Lowrance LMS 520C

• score92
    WBL, MN

Has anyone ever bought the ice fishing conversion kit for this model and used it as a flasher? I currently have a Marcum VX-1 which I like, but just wondering if the lowrance would be better? What are the pros/cons.

Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

I have not used it myself but a freind has and he likes it. There was one for sale on lake-link.com , not sure if its still on there.

From Jeff

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I use the 522 on the ice and love it. The 522 has the built in GPS module. If you’re going to use the 520 and you want GPS you’ll have to mount the antenna “puck” somewhere on the unit.

Most of us don’t use Flasher mode we use graph mode while on the ice.

I prefer the Cabala’s Ice system over the Lowrance.

Good Luck!

trouter18

I bought the kit for my 522c internal unit. Love it. I too use the graph (not the flasher) with great success. You can adjust the settings to pick up the tiniest of baits. I did not like the transducer holder, so I bought a styrofoam vexilar sleeve instead so I can just plop it in /out of the hole. I have had a few issues getting consistent images with this tranducer method at times. Not sure why. For me, though, it is still better than messing around with that clumsy arm, which I’m sure I would break before too long.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.