MARCUM Question/Issue… Not sure which.

• whiskeyandwater
    ????

Alright So I have a Marcum VX-1 ( which I love, but can’t wait to upgrade) it has always worked well for me, however this weekend I was fishing side by side with another VX-1 and I finally noticed something. we were both using our Zoom and our screens looked completely different. What I mean by this is when it would split screen MY bottom would go from the 10′ mark on the screen to about the 12′ mark. My buddy sitting less than 2 feet away had his screen split in half and that was about it.

My gain was at about 2 and his @ about 5 The only other difference is he has a unit which is about 3 years old, and I have a newer unit from last season, so there is the power difference between us. Is this an issue with my unit? ( if so I can live with it for the season) or is this just a product of the power difference.

It has always been this way. I just never realized it until I saw the two identical units side by side.

No I’m not switching to VEX. SO we can stop all the Ford vs. Chevy comments now.

Thanks in advance guys!

justinwitmer

Trade transducers with him and see what happens.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.